Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New year, new Zymurgy editor!  (Read 1213 times)

Offline jill

• Cellarman
New year, new Zymurgy editor!
« on: January 12, 2016, 10:34:59 am »
Well, after 10 years, we are turning a new page at Zymurgy. I'm pleased to announce that Dave Carpenter, a frequent contributor and longtime homebrewer, will be taking over the reins of the magazine this month.

As some of you might know, I also edit The New Brewer, Zymurgy's sister publication for the professional craft brewing industry. With the growth of the industry as well as the homebrewing hobby, both magazines have grown in size and scope over the past several years, so much so that overseeing both has become challenging. I am retaining my role as editor-in-chief of The New Brewer and will also edit special projects for the Brewers Association. I'll be working closely with Dave over the next few months to bring him up to speed, and will still be involved in various aspects of Zymurgy.

It has been a privilege and a pleasure editing Zymurgy for the past 10 years. I have met many amazing and talented people, and I've appreciated your support and kindness over the years. I've written this before in Zymurgy, but homebrewers really are the heart and soul of the craft brewing movement, and I'm excited to see where you'll be taking it next.

Cheers!
Jill Redding

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: New year, new Zymurgy editor!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 11:55:44 am »
Thank you, Jill, for your work - I still get great enjoyment each month or so when the Zymurgy issue appears in my mail.  It is a favored publication, indeed.  I am sure it will continue to surpass expectations, and since you are handling the transition, it will likely be without missing a beat.  Welcome, Dave!
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:06:47 pm »
Thanks for all your hard work and best of luck moving forward!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 12:56:20 pm »
Thanks for all the hard work, Jill. Zymurgy has always been a treasure for me.
Kyle M.

Offline coolman26

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 03:43:07 pm »
Thanks and hope to catch you in The New Brewer
Jeff B

Offline kgs

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sonoma County, CA
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 07:18:28 am »
Zymurgy is my favorite association journal, and each new issue is an occasion to drop all other reading and enjoy the paper or e-version wherever I am. (I do not say that about any other association or industry journal...) Jill, you have set a high bar. Good luck with this (somewhat) new venture.
K.G. Schneider
AHA Member