Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2016 ProMash .dat Updates  (Read 12704 times)

RPIScotty

2016 ProMash .dat Updates
« on: January 13, 2016, 10:32:42 am »
To all the PM users out there,

I am just about finished with a complete 2015 BJCP .dat file for ProMash. Anyone interested? Message me and I'll get the file to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 06:03:40 am by majorvices »

RPIScotty

Re: 2015 BJCP Guidelines for ProMash
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:03:42 am »
Should be finished with the 2015 BJCP guidelines .dat file later this week.

Here is an updated WATER.dat with all the Bru'n Water water profiles for anyone interested:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8F3C1boHghNT0RmTndTMGd4OUU

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 01:44:50 pm »
----EDIT 9/8/16----
DAT File Link Below
You can grab a zip with RPIScotty's updated ProMash DATs here: (Styles, Malt, Water)
-Choose the 'Download through your Browser' option

https://mega.nz/#!0oMAUJJB!erkZNYgfiTOlZHcv9SuDnEazsoPURGKMgvGhks1QhQs
----ENDEDIT----

Great work there - I didn't have the patience to do this myself! It slips into promash perfectly.
I'd gladly accept any updated DAT files you produce, as I'm sure many others would.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:49:35 am by stpug »

RPIScotty

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:16:15 pm »
Thanks man! BJCP file will be done this week. I only included up to the historical styles as they were the only ones with actual numbers and data.

RPIScotty

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 05:54:08 pm »
Here is my Malt.dat file. Backup your current version before checking this one out as I removed some of the malts, extracts, etc. and used Maltster names as well:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8F3C1boHghNRjhlc0cwU1dMSGs

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 05:59:58 pm »
Are you kidding me?????  THANK YOU!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

RPIScotty

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 06:03:59 pm »

Are you kidding me?????  THANK YOU!

Your very welcome. Thank you for turning me onto ProMash.

The BJCP file will be complete and posted here tomorrow or Thursday.

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 07:47:45 pm »
Since there's no 'Thank You' or 'Like' button to click I'll have to say it again, in a new post.

Thank you Derek!!

Question: Have you developed some kind of "backend" exporter to generate these DAT files or are you manually entering everything one-by-one? How cool would it be to have a spreadsheet-like utility that can take copy-paste of large chunks of data and dump DAT files compatible with ProMash? I guess some kind of insight into the compiler/hashing of the DAT files would be needed, or an someone adept at reverse-engineering.

Edit: BTW, you should change the OP title to something like 'ProMash DAT File Updates 2016' or some such thing.

RPIScotty

2015 BJCP Guidelines for ProMash
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 07:54:31 pm »
Since there's no 'Thank You' or 'Like' button to click I'll have to say it again, in a new post.

Thank you Derek!!

Question: Have you developed some kind of "backend" exporter to generate these DAT files or are you manually entering everything one-by-one? How cool would it be to have a spreadsheet-like utility that can take copy-paste of large chunks of data and dump DAT files compatible with ProMash? I guess some kind of insight into the compiler/hashing of the DAT files would be needed, or an someone adept at reverse-engineering.

Edit: BTW, you should change the OP title to something like 'ProMash DAT File Updates 2016' or some such thing.

You are very welcome. People getting use our of them is thanks enough for me.

I tried to reverse engineer the .dat files to no avail. These things have all been manually entered.

Bad for me, good for you!

I can't change the title because it's my post.

RPIScotty

Re: 2016 ProMash .dat Updates
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 06:10:16 am »
Here is the 2015 BJCP Guideline file.

All categories up to the experimental beers are represented. I didn't include anything past the historical beers because they didn't have any values for Gravity, IBU, etc.

Let me know if there are any issues with the file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8F3C1boHghNLWY3aHJDWGRlT0E1c0FUdGpQQ0lqMEVyTVVZ

Offline dbarber

• Brewer
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 07:33:33 am »
This is AWESOME!  Thanks for doing this.
Dave Barber
Orwigsburg, PA
AHA Member, BJCP National

RPIScotty

2016 ProMash .dat Updates
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 05:53:14 pm »
Here are three ProMash related things I've noticed since using it:

1.) I had issues finding where Win10 was stashing all my files. When I cleared this problem up I moved the entire ProMash folder to my desktop Microsoft OneDrive folder. Why is this interesting? On the surface your OneDrive folder is like any other folder on your desktop, except:

a.) You can sign in and out of it using you're Office login. So? Say  Brewer A goes to Brewer B's house and forgets the ProMash recipe report he printed. If Brewer B has OneDrive installed then Brewer A can sign in and Viola! There entire OneDrive folder, including ProMash and all of its contents are there. Why does this work?

b.) OneDrive also has a cloud based web function as well. It syncs with your desktop folder to make the files available in both locations. This way, if Brewer B doesn't use OneDrive, you could download the files to his computer in a pinch.

2.) Saving your ProMash folder to a flash drive is a convenient way to have it at your disposal without having your PC. Also convenient for using it on multiple PCs.

3.) You can access the ProMash website via the wayback machine, where snapshots of the page from 1998-Present are available.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:58:05 pm by RPIScotty »

RPIScotty

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 06:03:31 pm »
Here is a new link for the folder that has all 3 .dat files in it (STYLES.BJCP, WATER.DAT and Malt.dat)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8F3C1boHghNLS1jQ1VWUUpxYTA

Offline seyahmit

• 1st Kit
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2016, 09:50:46 pm »
Awesome! Thank you for taking the time to do this.

I copied my ProMash directory and run it from Google Drive.  That way I always have my files backed up.

RPIScotty

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »
Anyone have a Windows XP win help .exe file they can send me? Having a devil of a time getting the help files to run in Win10.