Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: looking for a nice glass set  (Read 1664 times)

Offline JayMiranda

• Cellarman
    • CaliforniaCastaway
looking for a nice glass set
« on: January 15, 2016, 08:51:58 am »
Looking for a glass beer set.
I saw a "Spiegelau" set at bed bath beyond. Anyone have this set. If not what do you have?
JayMiranda
CaliforniaCastaway

RPIScotty

Re: looking for a nice glass set
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 09:25:29 am »
I received a great set as a gift and I believe it was from Target and the brand was Threshold. Pilsner, Imperial Pint, Short Belgian Tulip, Tapered Stange, Stout and Weizen glasses.

I've since supplemented with a Duvel tulip, an Ommegang Vienna goblet and the Chimay and Westmalle chalices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 09:30:24 am »
Sounds like a great set Derek, and your additions are even better. Finding a nice set can be tough, as they are often just one of each: makes it tough to share the love with a friend. Try out a set, find which glasses you prefer, then get more of those. My vast collection of US "shaker" pint glasses (likely over a hundred from years in the restaurant and bar industry) has been relegated to drinking other beverages. I am really loving the Sam Adams 22oz glasses, and several tulip style glasses I have acquired over the years. I use these for almost everything now, not exactly correct for each style, but they make a nice presentation and I feel they do help every style ove the shaker pints. just my $0.02
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

RPIScotty

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 09:32:23 am »
At $20, I would definitely buy more than one of the Target set when I get my home bar together.

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 12:01:39 pm »
I am thinking of picking these up:

http://www.amazon.com/Spiegelau-Classics-Stemmed-Pilsner-2-Ounce/dp/B007XEGZXW/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1452884438&sr=1-3&keywords=Spiegelau+beer+glasses

Does anyone know how thin these guys are? I am worried that I would break all 4 in less than a year...
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 12:10:40 pm »

http://www.amazon.com/Spiegelau-Classics-Stemmed-Pilsner-2-Ounce/dp/B007XEGZXW/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1452884438&sr=1-3&keywords=Spiegelau+beer+glasses

Does anyone know how thin these guys are? I am worried that I would break all 4 in less than a year...

I haven't seen those but I have a couple Spiegelau IPA glasses from Sierra Nevada that are very thin. I like them a lot, but be sure not to run them through the dishwasher and I'm sure you'll be fine. I hand wash all my glasses anyway, but I wouldn't trust them to not get dinged by something in the dishwasher.
Jon H.

Offline ynotbrusum

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 12:12:09 pm »
I was given two sets of Mikasa variety pack a few years back.  They are really nice:

http://www.mikasa.com/beer/brewmasters/varietal-glasses%2C-set-of-4/LV005-429.html#cgid=drinkware_barware_beer&sz=14&frmt=ajax&start=0&hitcount=14

Best of luck with your pursuit.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

RPIScotty

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 12:25:18 pm »

I haven't seen those but I have a couple Spiegelau IPA glasses from Sierra Nevada that are very thin. I like them a lot, but be sure not to run them through the dishwasher and I'm sure you'll be fine. I hand wash all my glasses anyway, but I wouldn't trust them to not get dinged by something in the dishwasher.

I usually hand wash my glasses that have an emblem or design and just wash the others in the dishwasher. I try to be careful with the placement.

Offline brewinhard

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 04:55:55 pm »
Looking for a glass beer set.
I saw a "Spiegelau" set at bed bath beyond. Anyone have this set. If not what do you have?

I got a free set of Speigelau glassware at 2013 NHC in Philly.  Love every one of the glasses.  Like Hoosier said though, only hand wash and be gentle with them.