The temperature in the thermostatically controlled chest freezer was 69 deg, the actual temp of fermentation a couple degrees higher. the yeast was WLP 001 which should not produce that characteristic and I pitched approximately 750ml starter which sat in the same climate controlled enviroment the prior 48 hours. Lag time was about 10 hours though. I did encounter a problem cooling wort enough though before pitching, pitching temp appx 78 degrees. I assume that is was not water since I used bottled so no chlorine in the mineral profile.No chlorine based sanatizer I use Star san, Mash procedure remins the same no changes there , Yeast ok. which basically only leaves me contmination. I figured it has to be in the tail end of the brewing procedure from boil kettle to fermenter so I threw away the old transfer tubes and bung and completely disassembled the stainleess steel valve and fittings. I usually boil the whole valve set up every couple times but after disassembling it and finding the nsaty crap in the threads and tape I think this will be an every brew procedure. Hopefully this is it. Also planned on keeping 20 pounds of ice on hand just in case I cant get my pitching temp down to 64degrees where I like it. Will also turn down the thermostat to 67 Hopefully one of these things was the problem and will have been remedied by my next brew session this weekend. It's been eating at me all week.