Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: lambics  (Read 775 times)

Offline csu007

• Brewer
  • Littleton, CO
lambics
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:47:54 pm »
So i'm in charge of a food and beer pairing for a friend. I was wondering if using Epic's brainless on cherries could be used as a "lambic" style, i know it's not a true lambic. Or should i go with liefmans cuvee brut (kriek), I was also thinking of Odell's Friek
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:54:20 pm by csu007 »
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drank, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, “It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
Re: lambics
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:42:19 am »
I would say: no, no, and no. :D

While a kriek (or friek) may have a lambic base, it's overshadowed (most times) by the cherries or other fruit. Epics BoC isn't close in any respect.

Pick a lambic or geuze. Boon Oude Geuze or Lindemanns Cuvee Rene Oude Gueze should be easy to find, but there are lots to choose from.

Offline homoeccentricus

• Brewmaster General
  • A twerp from Antwerp
Re: lambics
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:58:16 am »
Liefmans Cuvée Brut definitely is not a lambic/gueuze. It's a blend of several beers (Oud Bruin style).
Frank P.

Staggering on the shoulders of giant dwarfs.