Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Home brew labels  (Read 2326 times)

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
    • My new Brewing Website - Totally Brewed Co
Home brew labels
« on: January 20, 2016, 07:58:58 pm »
So Im looking for some reusable labels that I can put on my homebrew bottles.  I like the ones at garagemonk.com but they are very expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or other sites they use? thanks!

Offline norcaljp

• Assistant Brewer
  • I prefer to drink my bread, thank you
    • The Brewins
Re: Home brew labels
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 10:07:46 pm »
I use grogtags. They're reusable and the labels look great.
Joel Prater

I prefer to drink my bread, thank you

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 10:53:45 pm »
I use grogtags. They're reusable and the labels look great.

yes but very very expensive.  did you look at garagemonk site? they have plain labels that you can write on but cost 65 cents a piece which is still too expensive. 

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:32:34 am »
If you are looking for a simply cheap and easy way to label I use the Avery dots, I think 3/4" round and print the info on them. They fit right on the cap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline golfgod04

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 10:14:48 am »
If you are looking for a simply cheap and easy way to label I use the Avery dots, I think 3/4" round and print the info on them. They fit right on the cap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

i just write on the cap with a marker.  Id just rather a label on the bottle that I can write on thats reusable and dishwasher safe that costs less than 65 cents a piece.  (I bottle 48 bottles every other weekend or so, so I need a couple hundred labels and at 65 cents each, thats a lot).

Offline jackmarshall77

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 01:49:56 am »
Avery dots for me too if I can't be bothered with a design on the computer I just attack them with a rubber stamp from the kids collection. My last brew featured bunny rabbits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline lazydog79

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 07:37:08 am »
I've never had good luck "reusing" the grogtag labels.  That being said, I keep a few around that I use to label gift bottles.  Other than that, I go with the "marker on the cap" technique.  This year, I ordered some different colored caps from Northern Brewer.  That way, I can color code them and be done with hit.  Hopefully, I will have my keezer done for next year and I can quit this bottling nonsense!

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 07:59:29 am »
I used grogtag recently for holiday beers that were given out. It cost under $25 to do 5 gallons of bombers so I didn't think it was expensive at all. I have never heard of being able to reuse the labels
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 07:26:01 am »

Epipen

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 07:11:41 pm »
For a joke I made a cartoon picture of a one eyed sea capt and printed it on heavy weight brown paper.  I called it old salt ale....   I had about 6 pictures copied on one sheet then I would tear them out to give them that low budget feel.   Then all you do is soak them in milk and apply.
Looked pretty cool......

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 10:43:01 am »
I'm lazy in this regard. I either mark the caps with an abbreviation that isn't in use or I scribble the name on a piece of masking tape and slap it on the bottle (especially with corks).

I have an old 1940s era postcard printer that prints on stencils in pretty much a perfect label size for 750mls that I have been wanting to fill with ink and use to print labels for my mixed fermentation beers. I need to track down a typewriter from my parents to try cutting stencils and figure out something to use as stencils but once I get all these pieces together and the motivation to label my bottles then I am going to have some awesome bottles.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing