Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Blue Apron  (Read 4176 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: Blue Apron
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 08:12:07 am »
There was a business here in town for a while where you could go in and package meals for yourself and take home and freeze until you needed them.  All the chopping and cutting was done for you already.  My friends who tried it said you just picked your recipes and then assembled each dish and put it in an aluminum foil pan.  Stick the recipe card on the top and you were done.

We had a chain of those around here maybe 8-10 years back called Super Suppers. They lasted maybe 2 years, tops.

I appreciate the Blue Apron concept, but it only works for certain family dynamics (mine is not one of them).
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 11:02:59 am »
Yeah we tried one of those assemble-your-dinners places.  It worked pretty well and the recipes were OK.  The thing that turned me off was cheap ingredients.  I remember the cheese just turned to oil when cooked.  Seriously gross.  Like mentioned above, it lasted maybe two years here...about two months as far as our house.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 12:34:24 pm »
I basically try to do "recipe night" and do something new once or twice a week. It takes planning and a trip to the store for a few things- usually meat and other essentials.

Blue Apron is primarily aimed at the folks who don't cook everyday but are mildly interested in the process. I want to eat it not cook it... 8)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis