Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Buying brews at chain restaurants?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: Buying brews at chain restaurants?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 08:45:34 am »
For me, it depends on the situation and my mood. If I feel like a beer, then I'll have one. If I'm out at a chain restaurant, I'm not generally thinking about the cost. More often than not, if I'm just out with my family I'm ordering a diet soda or lemonade. It's rare that a chain restaurant would have a beer that I'm interested in, but if I have a craving for something on the menu I wouldn't think twice about ordering one.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Buying brews at chain restaurants?
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 08:57:35 am »
I'm in the group of if I am out, I don't expect a cheap beer. Usually, when out with the family, I will have 1 or 2 drafts of something besides BMC if I get the feeling the place is known for a great beer selection. I won't order anything fancy at a place I know doesn't move the product though. In that case, at least in the past, it would usually be a Bud for me. Nowadays, I am more focused on avoiding ABInbev products, and that usually leaves me with a Sam Adams seasonal or Boston Lager. The local bar near home has a poor selection of not necessarily fresh non-BMC bottles with Amber Bock and Blue Moon as the only drafts. I have stopped watching sports there. Its cheaper and better at home anyways, but if there, I may have an Amber Bock(shudder) or a cocktail(also pricey, but known quality at least.)
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)