Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I pimped my carboys  (Read 12698 times)

Offline rep

• Cellarman
Re: I pimped my carboys
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 06:15:34 am »
You mean, you can measure stuff in this hobby?   ;D

Nice job.
Wear Wool, Sit on Leather, Ride Lugged Steel

Offline slimsparty

• Assistant Brewer
  • 1882 Brewery
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 10:25:29 am »
i sell cut vinyl for fleet graphics.  but i just put a piece of black electric tape at 5 gal on mine.

Offline beerhaus

• Cellarman
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 03:57:47 pm »
did you hand cut the vinyl?

Offline chrisinestes

• Cellarman
  • Estes Park, Colorado!
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 04:31:25 pm »
Hand cut!?! Ummm yeah... with a #11  X-acto ;)

Okay... you got me. I own a sign shop, so I used my vinyl cutter. It's only taken me 4 years to get to it.
Mmmmm..... Beer....

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 01:52:13 pm »
haha 

Well I've been meaning to do this as well to my 2 carboys, just getting lazy.  I don't really care to mark every single quart, but I'd like to know where I'm at between 5 and 6 gallons.
Jesse

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 07:52:38 am »
Nice job, but I don't get it.  What are you measuring?  Or rather, why are you measuring?  I thought all the measuring was done well before you hit the carboy.

It just never occurred to me to measure the contents of the fermentation vessel.  I know I must be missing something here.

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 08:41:34 am »
Nice job, but I don't get it.  What are you measuring?  Or rather, why are you measuring?  I thought all the measuring was done well before you hit the carboy.

It just never occurred to me to measure the contents of the fermentation vessel.  I know I must be missing something here.

Extract and partial brewers top up cuz they can't get a full boil. Or if you boil too long you may want to top up. Or they just want their carboy to be better than yours (pimpin').
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline SwashBuckling Drunk

• Assistant Brewer
  • Boring, Oregon
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2010, 09:18:20 am »
I'm hip to the bling factor, but still don't get it.  I guess I'm just an eyeballer like grandma makin cookies.  Back in my extract days, I would just top off to about there.

Offline alemental

• Cellarman
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 10:58:44 am »
Thanks!

Lots of people have liked the idea and wanted to buy them from me. I've been working on a Version 2 because Version 1 were tricky to make, and tricky to install. Version 2 will be easier all the way around, so they'd be affordable for me to make and affordable for others to buy.  I'll post more info when I get this all figured out. What would you expect a  volume lable to sell for at a home brew store? I was thinking something in the $4 - $5 each range, with a discount for a pack of 3, or something like that. What do you think?

Chris

I would definitely be interested in at least a half dozen of these. Please be sure to post if you start selling them.

Offline brewnickbrew

• 1st Kit
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 08:20:54 am »
Man, that is freakin nice! Curse you for making me want to start on a new project!   ;D