Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Gose  (Read 1168 times)

Offline bierview

• Assistant Brewer
Gose
« on: February 08, 2016, 06:29:38 pm »
Anyone brew this. What are your impressions.

Offline Hickory

• Assistant Brewer
  • Tapatalk User
Re: Gose
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:33:26 pm »
Never brewed one before, but Martin House makes a wonderful summer seasonal Gose. Nicely tart and slightly salty. Bright citrus flavor/aroma and easy to drink. Can't say whether it's to style or not however. I believe my lhbs has a recipe kit for this style. I'll try to find the recipe if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 07:15:42 pm »
I brew a hibiscus Gose and love it, if you search for hibiscus gose in the recipe thread you'll see it. Personally I like Gose a lot, especially in the summer, I find them very refreshing.

As far as brewing its pretty straightforward and kettle souring is easy. Balancing the salt is the most difficult as everyone perceives it differently. I've had comments all over the board from too much salt to hardly noticed and I always use the same amount;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 07:32:20 pm »
The better ones take some looking to find the salt, coriander too for that matter.

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 08:00:18 pm »
The better ones take some looking to find the salt, coriander too for that matter.
True but still difficult. This beer has been entered in 6 different comps and judges have commented at both spectrums, same exact recipe. High score of 38 low score of 24, even at the avg score same spectrum of taste descriptions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010