Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bottling after 3068 Weihenstephan  (Read 1056 times)

Offline curtism1234

• Assistant Brewer
Bottling after 3068 Weihenstephan
« on: January 28, 2016, 08:25:32 am »
Quick question; I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything because I think this is going to be a beautiful beer.

Never used this yeast before. It's been in the primary for 4 weeks. It's still a tad sulfury but it's cleaned up considerably from 2 weeks ago. I also know it's advertised as being powdery and takes time to fall out.

Is there any special care needed before bottling this (would it benefit from another week, secondary, or fining) or should I just proceed as normal 4 weeks and straight out of the primary?

Thanks

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Bottling after 3068 Weihenstephan
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:06:57 am »
I assume you are making some type of weizen beer other than a krystalweizen. If that is the case then you want that yeast to come along with the beer into the bottle. It's supposed to be somewhat cloudy. No different bottling technique required.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline curtism1234

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Bottling after 3068 Weihenstephan
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 10:00:56 am »
I assume you are making some type of weizen beer other than a krystalweizen. If that is the case then you want that yeast to come along with the beer into the bottle. It's supposed to be somewhat cloudy. No different bottling technique required.

Right, not a krystal

thanks