Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2015 Hop crop  (Read 9320 times)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Re: 2015 Hop crop
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2016, 10:52:00 am »
just buy from yakimavalleyhops.com...

Thank you for posting this.  I did not know about that place, but I just ordered a pound of 2015 EKG, a pound of 2014 Styrian Goldings, and a half pound of 2015 Saaz.

I guess I need to buy that vacuum sealer now.

The hops I ordered Monday afternoon were on my doorstep Thursday evening.  I love this place - going to order some domestic pellets this week.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline Footballandhops

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2016, 02:47:09 pm »

just buy from yakimavalleyhops.com...

Thank you for posting this.  I did not know about that place, but I just ordered a pound of 2015 EKG, a pound of 2014 Styrian Goldings, and a half pound of 2015 Saaz.

I guess I need to buy that vacuum sealer now.

The hops I ordered Monday afternoon were on my doorstep Thursday evening.  I love this place - going to order some domestic pellets this week.

Same here, and I'm on the east coast!
Batch Sparging Bottle Dreggggg Harvesting Son-ova Biznatch Raging Against the Machine

https://itun.es/us/PN5dq?i=269457903

Offline BFBC

• 1st Kit
  • Black Furnace Brewing
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2016, 06:31:35 am »
Not seeing shortages per se as I have all of my hops for 2016 already in the freezer.  That said, I did have to shop around to fill all the different hop styles I will need this year.  Yakima, Farmhouse and Fresh Hops got me squared away though.

Offline Footballandhops

• Assistant Brewer
2015 Hop crop
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2016, 02:05:37 pm »
I still haven't received my 2015 hop crop "preorder" from Label Peelers

Sad
Batch Sparging Bottle Dreggggg Harvesting Son-ova Biznatch Raging Against the Machine

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2016, 03:01:18 pm »
Nor me, and they are tired of my emails asking about it. It's getting a little silly at this point. I ordered Galaxy from both LP and YVH at almost the same time. The ones from YVH have been at my house since mid November IIRC and LP says they still have not received their allotment
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2016, 03:18:52 pm »
Nor me, and they are tired of my emails asking about it. It's getting a little silly at this point. I ordered Galaxy from both LP and YVH at almost the same time. The ones from YVH have been at my house since mid November IIRC and LP says they still have not received their allotment

Another of the things I like about YVH.  They tend to sell new crops and varieties before pretty much anybody.
Jon H.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2016, 07:56:05 pm »

Another of the things I like about YVH.  They tend to sell new crops and varieties before pretty much anybody.
Prices do seem a bit high this year. My order will be about $30 higher this year.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2016, 08:52:31 pm »
Galaxy is Australian. Did the one from YVH say 2015? Will the ones from label pealers say 2016 when they come? Harvest if about 6 months out of synch.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2016, 11:40:48 pm »
Jeff I'd have to recheck, and I may have been wrong about the variety. But I know I did order from YVH when I got their email saying a ew set of 2015 hops were in, and the LP hops were a pre-order for 2015 crop hops. I know I ordered at least 1 variety from both and am still waiting on the LP pre-order. The last email from LP said they were hoping to receive by February 10th or 11th. No follow up yest as of this posting tonight

edit to add: I just checked my hops from YVH and my order confirmation from LP. I did order/pre-order 2015 Galaxy from both vendors. YHV shows that my order shipped on 11/20/15 and LP still saying they are awaiting their shipment. If I don't hear from them this week, I will be cancelling as well. These were hops I wanted but was not desperately waiting to use. Good luck to anyone else in the LP pre-order
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:58:25 am by 69franx »
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline breslinp

• Cellarman
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2016, 06:30:25 am »

Sad

I called 2 weeks ago and cancelled my order. They had plenty of time to get them to me. I ordered from YVH and had hops to the East Coast in 3 days.

Offline Footballandhops

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2016, 06:37:25 pm »

Sad

I called 2 weeks ago and cancelled my order. They had plenty of time to get them to me. I ordered from YVH and had hops to the East Coast in 3 days.
Yeah, I ordered the 2015 crop from YVH and had the same turnaround

I haven't cancelled my preorder from LP yet, I'm planning on counting the days it took to fulfill their order and posting screen shots of their excuse emails to a blog post to slam them...and then pay Facebook, Twitter and Google to promote the post