Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BA letter to Peyton  (Read 4566 times)

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
Re: BA letter to Peyton
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2016, 08:58:10 am »
I thought about a trip down there to see the Sox play them, but all their games in Baltimore are during the week.

I think we're going to need a baseball thread.

Yeah, usually O's/Red Sox games at Camden Yards are a lot of fun. It's a much more good-natured rivalry that both teams have with the Yankees. I was at the game when Ramirez hit number 500, that was a blast even though the O's lost. The line for Boog's was to the other end of Eutaw street and back, almost all Sox fans.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2016, 09:20:02 am »
You are all so naive.  "Budweiser" is street slang for HGH.

LOL.

It will be interesting to see how the Cubs handle being favorites to win. Being a Cubs fan, I expect an implosion by July ::)
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2016, 09:25:51 am »
You are all so naive.  "Budweiser" is street slang for HGH.

LOL.

It will be interesting to see how the Cubs handle being favorites to win. Being a Cubs fan, I expect an implosion by July ::)

I got my Baseball Prospectus last week, and the section on the Cubs was the most happiness inducing thing I have ever read. However, I will continue to expect the worse until I am proven wrong.
Kyle M.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2016, 09:29:31 am »
I thought about a trip down there to see the Sox play them, but all their games in Baltimore are during the week.

I think we're going to need a baseball thread.

Yeah, usually O's/Red Sox games at Camden Yards are a lot of fun. It's a much more good-natured rivalry that both teams have with the Yankees. I was at the game when Ramirez hit number 500, that was a blast even though the O's lost. The line for Boog's was to the other end of Eutaw street and back, almost all Sox fans.
A Sox-O's game in Camden Yards is on my list, too. Everyone I know who has gone down there for a game has nothing but good things to say. Once upon a time, it was cheaper to buy round-trip airfare, get a hotel room, and see a few games in Baltimore, than it was to get Sox tickets in Fenway. Every game was sold out as soon as they went on sale and you had no choice but to go through a ticket agency and pay 2-3 times the face value. Different story recently, though. Now I see deals for free parking with tickets and other incentives because they can barely give tickets away.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer