Author Topic: Evan from Houston TX  (Read 1196 times)

Offline emcfarden

• 1st Kit
Evan from Houston TX
« on: February 13, 2016, 12:54:41 AM »
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I started brewing last year and have enjoyed everything about it. I'm on my 3rd batch. There was some time between the 2nd and 3rd batch due to me building my fermigerator (2nd batch was a failed attempt at an Imp. Nut Brown in the Houston summer).

I have been a craft beer fan for a while, but in the last few years I've been to a few breweries and being an engineer I obviously was curious about the process. I was one of those lucky souls whose first batch turned out halfway decent.

What I love about this hobby is that there are tons of ways to make good beer, and the amount of DIY that goes into the process and equipment makes it very rewarding. Especially when you get to see the reaction of other people when they take a sip of your beer and are actually halfway pleased.

Hope to contribute to the forum and learn much more from the experienced brewers out there.

Cheers!

Offline Hickory

• Assistant Brewer
  • Tapatalk User
Re: Evan from Houston TX
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 01:24:04 AM »
Welcome from a fellow Texas brewer! This forum is a wonderful place to learn and ask questions. I'm on it every chance I get.

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Evan from Houston TX
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 12:54:22 AM »
Welcome aboard Evan. So much good info on here, and the best people on the interwebs
Frank L.
Fermenting: Ringler Pilsner (thanx Ron)
Conditioning: BVIP (thanx Denny)
In keg: Traquair House Clone (Skotrat style)
In the works:  Czech Dark Lager, American Pale Ale