Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: YCH Hop and Brew School  (Read 3603 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: YCH Hop and Brew School
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 08:32:52 am »
I live an hour south, and last year we had 100+ in June and 90s in September. It reached 80 in deer season (last week in October)

The nicest weather is usually Sept October. Warm, dry, no wind.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 08:58:26 am »
They were saying the hot weather in last June was unusually hot.

We get some stinking hot weather some years in early September, so I can see that. Up
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 10:00:37 am »
I live an hour south, and last year we had 100+ in June and 90s in September. It reached 80 in deer season (last week in October)
Yeah, but it's a dry heat.  ;D
Many of us would be on a strict liquid diet if it weren't for pretzels.

Offline Philbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 10:17:03 am »
Jeff Rankert (hopfundmalz) and I have sung the praises of the YCH Hop and Brew School.  It's truly a great experience...seminars in the morning, farm and processing tours in the afternoon, meeting the hop farmers and getting to ask them questions.  But for some reason, it seems like they don't get the word out about registration so some people miss it.  I just checked and hedre's the deal...Registration for Hop & Brew School is always the 1st Monday in June.  This year, that’s the 6th at 8:00 am PST.  IIRC, it's $150 and that includes food and beer...LOTS of beer!  The School for homebrewers is 9/1-2.  If you're able to make it, you won't regret it!
OK, after reading the whole thread, I'm confused.  Is it in June, August or September?  How many days is it?
Many of us would be on a strict liquid diet if it weren't for pretzels.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2016, 10:55:24 am »
Usually the first week in September.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2016, 12:36:54 pm »
Jeff Rankert (hopfundmalz) and I have sung the praises of the YCH Hop and Brew School.  It's truly a great experience...seminars in the morning, farm and processing tours in the afternoon, meeting the hop farmers and getting to ask them questions.  But for some reason, it seems like they don't get the word out about registration so some people miss it.  I just checked and hedre's the deal...Registration for Hop & Brew School is always the 1st Monday in June.  This year, that’s the 6th at 8:00 am PST.  IIRC, it's $150 and that includes food and beer...LOTS of beer!  The School for homebrewers is 9/1-2.  If you're able to make it, you won't regret it!
OK, after reading the whole thread, I'm confused.  Is it in June, August or September?  How many days is it?
registration is June 1.

School is first week of Sept.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline brewsumore

• Brewmaster
  • Spokane, WA
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 12:40:15 pm »
Wow, thanks Denny!  I had never heard about this.  I'll be calling them on June 6, at 8:00 am to register!  And hopefully get a chance to meet Steve after class hours since he's local (if he won't be attending), and looking forward to meeting Jim and all other fellow forum craft brewers whom will be there, including finally getting to meet Denny, if he will be there presenting or otherwise attending.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2016, 01:13:57 pm »

Registration is the first Mon. of June.  The homebrewer school is 9/1-2
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2016, 01:14:36 pm »
Wow, thanks Denny!  I had never heard about this.  I'll be calling them on June 6, at 8:00 am to register!  And hopefully get a chance to meet Steve after class hours since he's local (if he won't be attending), and looking forward to meeting Jim and all other fellow forum craft brewers whom will be there, including finally getting to meet Denny, if he will be there presenting or otherwise attending.

Yeah, I'll be presenting.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline brewsumore

• Brewmaster
  • Spokane, WA
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2016, 01:15:59 pm »
Woohoo!

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2016, 02:08:56 pm »
You might want to wait till 805am

Offline Indy574

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2016, 06:42:50 pm »
I wish it wasn't 2000+ miles away.

Offline brewsumore

• Brewmaster
  • Spokane, WA
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2016, 07:41:54 pm »
I wish it wasn't 2000+ miles away.

I feel your pain.  For me it's just 200 miles away.