Author Topic: 2016 Homebrew Con  (Read 6493 times)

Offline mchrispen

• Brewmaster
    • Accidentalis Brewing Blog
Re: 2016 Homebrew Con
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2016, 04:47:46 PM »
I think we might need that made into a t-shirt... but would probably get sued.
Matt Chrispen
Sometime Austin Zealot
Blogging from the garage @ accidentalis.com
>> Bru'n Water Spreadsheet Walkthroughs<<
>> Bru'n Water Subscriber Version 5.3 Spreadsheet Walkthrough <<

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2016, 04:49:25 PM »
Sorry folks, but NHC stands for at least a couple of things in our world. National Homebrew Contest and National Homebrewers Conference. We got tired of confusing these things and frankly, we wanted to freshen the convention perception. Therefore, you now have HomebrewCon. Yes, it is geeky, but its our new moniker.

At least until I get back on GC.....I'm mot convinced NHC needed a new name, but if it did, Homebrewcon ain't it.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2016, 05:25:00 PM »
At least until I get back on GC.....I'm mot convinced NHC needed a new name, but if it did, Homebrewcon ain't it.

"Don't I deserve a year off?" he said...I think we've seen what happens when we let Denny have his way. We should appoint "Denny HomebrewConn" for life!   8)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2016, 05:28:32 PM »

"Don't I deserve a year off?" he said...I think we've seen what happens when we let Denny have his way. We should appoint "Denny HomebrewConn" for life!   8)
Good one!
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2016, 06:15:01 PM »

;D

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2016, 06:19:46 PM »
I've tried helping various volunteer groups in the past and I fully understand how frustrating it can be. You do something fairly benign to help and it can seem like all you get for it is sour grapes. Im in the cheap seats on this one because ive not been to HB Con yet. Having said that, I wonder if they polled the idea first. Seems like it would have been pretty easy to send out a random sample poll.

Honestly though, is Hombrew Con something so hideous that we need to get all lathered up over it? I say... ABSOLUTELY!  Being overcome by righteous indignation is what being an AMERICAN homebrewer is all about. First they came for my stirplate and I said nothing. They they took my 90 min boil, and still I said nothing. But I will not go quietly into the night! I will not go to a Homebrew Con without a fight! I will shout "NHC, NHC, NHC!" with all my might! My god man, where will our traditions be if we fail to do the same things we always do?

My name is Klickitat Jim, and I approve this message

Not really, im actually fine calling it whatever.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:59:57 PM by klickitat jim »

Offline narvin

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2016, 06:45:24 PM »
Sorry folks, but NHC stands for at least a couple of things in our world. National Homebrew Contest and National Homebrewers Conference. We got tired of confusing these things and frankly, we wanted to freshen the convention perception. Therefore, you now have HomebrewCon. Yes, it is geeky, but its our new moniker.

Are you running under the name Denny "Don't call it Homebrew" Conn?   ;)

Edit: I see that udub (kind of) beat me to the "pun"ch.  I thought of this hours ago, I swear!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 06:47:10 PM by narvin »

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2016, 12:39:15 AM »

If we don't, we might end up facing the wrath of Conn. (I tried…)

On that note, I'm honestly considering some sort of star trek shirt to wear to the event in a sort of protest...
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2016, 03:26:31 AM »

If we don't, we might end up facing the wrath of Conn. (I tried…)

On that note, I'm honestly considering some sort of star trek shirt to wear to the event in a sort of protest...
Oh, the possibilities!

Edit - if someone has good photoshop skills, a T-shirt with Denny's face, and Kahn's torso, and some logo/meme, is something I would pay money for. Yes I would.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:29:56 AM by hopfenundmalz »
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline tommymorris

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2016, 04:57:41 AM »
HomebrewCon will attract the youngsters. You could shorten it to HBC if you don't like the long version.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2016, 01:00:51 PM »
Edit - if someone has good photoshop skills, a T-shirt with Denny's face, and Kahn's torso, and some logo/meme, is something I would pay money for. Yes I would.

In a heartbeat!  Sounds hilarious.
Jon H.

Offline narvin

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2016, 01:02:27 PM »
HomebrewCon will attract the youngsters. You could shorten it to HBC if you don't like the long version.

I don't think it's legal to market to 16 year olds.

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2016, 04:39:38 PM »

I don't think it's legal to market to 16 year olds.

;)

Well, I b****ed about this on the latest podcast.  It'll be out next Wed.

www.dennybrew.com

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2016, 05:06:40 PM »

In a heartbeat!  Sounds hilarious.

+2
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline mchrispen

• Brewmaster
    • Accidentalis Brewing Blog
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2016, 12:27:50 AM »
I might take a stab at that t-shirt. Would make a funny as hell photo with Denny at NHC Homebrew Conn.
Matt Chrispen
Sometime Austin Zealot
Blogging from the garage @ accidentalis.com
>> Bru'n Water Spreadsheet Walkthroughs<<
>> Bru'n Water Subscriber Version 5.3 Spreadsheet Walkthrough <<