Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Dip tube question  (Read 1474 times)

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
Dip tube question
« on: March 08, 2016, 05:32:40 am »
If I want cleaning solution to go up into the dip tube in a closed keg, can I just attach a liquid disconnect to force fluid up the tube? Or can I just attach it briefly then take it off?

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Dip tube question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 06:34:17 am »
Yes you can do either. I usually pressurize the keg and put the QDC on to squirt sanitizer up through the tube for a second and take it off. That's really all you need.

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 04:38:01 pm »
TIL just how far liquid can shoot out of the liquid disconnect! Holy mackerel...pressured the keg to about 10 (didn't intend to go that high) and pushed it down and it shot across the garage.

Offline lindak

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 11:10:44 pm »
I keep a spare set of disconnects with my cleaning supplies.  When I am cleaning, if I am not removing the posts, I attach the disconnects and make sure I run pbw out each post/disconnect.  I also have tubing with a hose fitting and a flare that I can attach to the disconnect to flush with clean water. 

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 04:26:28 am »
TIL just how far liquid can shoot out of the liquid disconnect! Holy mackerel...pressured the keg to about 10 (didn't intend to go that high) and pushed it down and it shot across the garage.

I remember when I first started kegging having issues with the poppets in some of my kegs. So, I just took them out. Wasn't too much later that I failed to hook up the taps in the correct order. Can you say beer geyser? It nearly hit the ceiling.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.