Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Coors being sued for not brewing all beer in CO  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Coors being sued for not brewing all beer in CO
« on: February 29, 2016, 07:45:45 am »
Sierra Nevada better watch itself now that it's brewing in North Carolina. ;)

I love how this piece of crap "would have bought a cheaper beer had he known Coors Light was not brewed exclusively in the Rockies."

http://m.newser.com/story/221300/lawsuit-coors-light-is-not-the-taste-of-the-rockies.html

Edit - corrected to NORTH Carolina and added a winkey face to better communicate my attempt at applying humor to a ridiculous story.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:10:28 am by Steve in TX »

Offline Iliff Ave

Re: Coors being sued for not brewing all beer in CO
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 08:07:54 am »
Ha! I love when I see a Coors commercial and they give the impression that it is brewed high in the rocky mountains far from civilization. I work in Golden a few blocks away from Coors. Although a great city, Golden is not in the mountains...
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:10:01 am »
His competency should be questioned because of his choice in beer in the first place.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Stevie

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 08:11:35 am »

Ha! I love when I see a Coors commercial and they give the impression that it is brewed high in the rocky mountains far from civilization. I work in Golden a few blocks away from Coors. Although a great city, Golden is not in the mountains...
At an elevation over a mile, I wouldn't call Golden a valley.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 08:14:08 am »
His competency should be questioned because of his choice in beer in the first place.

+1.  Frivolous BS.

Jon H.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 08:14:14 am »

I was there 2 years ago for a wedding.  I spent a couple of days in Golden.  A very nice town, but I had to tell my family about 17 times, "No I don't want to tour the Coors facility."
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 09:09:03 am »
These kinds of suits but for craft beer these lawsuits are, perhaps unintentionally, setting the stage to protect craft breweries in a big way. As craft breweries are acquired by the larger conglomerates it will only be a matter of time before they start blatantly advertising the beers brewed in bulk at large facilities as being brewed at the craft brewery's pre-acquisition locations to tap into the localness of the beers as craft brands. This is particularly probable given that ABI obtained trademarks for beer on a number of area codes to potentially sell beers that sound local, like Goose Island 312 pale ale, but brewed at one of the large brewing facilities. (I would not be surprised if 312 pale is the next to endure one of these suits.) Craft breweries that are local will be able to find sympathetic consumers willing to file suit on their behalf to force the larger brewers to be honest about where the beer is brewed (or at least that it is not brewed locally) and curbing the ability to even intimate through marketing that it is a local beer.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 11:00:18 am »
I really enjoyed touring the Coors brewery - bought some sweet Coors Light sweatbands.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 12:21:26 pm »
I really enjoyed touring the Coors brewery - bought some sweet Coors Light sweatbands.
Even though I'm not a fan of mass-market lagers, I would certainly enjoy going through a brewery tour at any of them. It's cool to see what makes the big boys tick, even if the scale and end product aren't your cup of tea.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 12:52:05 pm »
Sierra Nevada better watch itself now that it's brewing in South Carolina. I love how this piece of crap "would have bought a cheaper beer had he known Coors Light was not brewed exclusively in the Rockies."

http://m.newser.com/story/221300/lawsuit-coors-light-is-not-the-taste-of-the-rockies.html
It says "Brewed and Bottled by Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Chico CA & Mills River NC" on the label.

If you are ever in Asheville NC area, the brewery is beautiful, the tour is one of the best.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Stevie

Coors being sued for not brewing all beer in CO
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 01:06:44 pm »
Sierra Nevada better watch itself now that it's brewing in South Carolina. I love how this piece of crap "would have bought a cheaper beer had he known Coors Light was not brewed exclusively in the Rockies."

It says "Brewed and Bottled by Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Chico CA & Mills River NC" on the label.

If you are ever in Asheville NC area, the brewery is beautiful, the tour is one of the best.
It was tongue in cheek.

I've been to Chico numerous times. If Asheville is half as nice as Chico, North Carolina is lucky to have them.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:36:32 pm by Steve in TX »

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 01:45:53 pm »

It was tongue in cheek.

I've been to Chico numerous times. If Asheville is half as nice as Chico, North Carolina is lucky to have them.

Think of what they could with a clean slate and $250 million.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 03:02:42 pm »

It was tongue in cheek.

I prefer to think of what I could do with a clean slate and $250 million.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 03:26:37 pm »

It was tongue in cheek.

I prefer to think of what I could do with a clean slate and $250 million.

I just want a clean slate. ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2016, 05:01:46 pm »
I toured that brewery in 1973.  I remember being impressed that there were fresh flowers in the tasting room and that there were almost no people working, just miles of conveyer "belts".
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995