Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Coors being sued for not brewing all beer in CO  (Read 3681 times)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: Coors being sued for not brewing all beer in CO
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 05:50:15 am »
Sierra Nevada better watch itself now that it's brewing in South Carolina.

There's a big difference between NC and SC besides just the name. As was stated, it says, Mills River, NC right on the label. Get out of TX once in awhile, there are 49 other states to visit...
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Coors being sued for not brewing all beer in CO
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 08:04:37 am »

There's a big difference between NC and SC besides just the name. As was stated, it says, Mills River, NC right on the label. Get out of TX once in awhile, there are 49 other states to visit...
Calm down. Simple mistake and again it was tongue in cheek regarding Sierra. I'm not a Texan either, just sentenced to live there for a few years. Back on the West Coast where I belong.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:14:50 am by Steve in TX »

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 08:30:32 am »

Calm down. Simple mistake and again it was tongue in cheek regarding Sierra. I'm not a Texan either, just sentenced to live there for a few years. Back on the West Coast where I belong.
I'm going to TX to see family not to far in the future. Plan on a side trip to the western part.

Might have to start another thread on states we have been to.

Another thread if I ever get my pictures from Mills River uploaded to the inter webs.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Stevie

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2016, 08:49:00 am »
West Texas is straight up prairie. When we moved we drove from Dallas nearly 10 hours before we got to El Paso. Between the two is open land, small towns, and lots of highway.

Hit up Jester King if you can get to the Austin Area. All sours, but some are very mild. The have a <3% saison that I have found on sale for $3. One of my top beers.

I have nothing against Texas at all. Dallas was good to us while we were there. I just prefer the beach where my heater runs 30 times a year and the AC 10.

When we got to Dallas the craft beer movement was just getting into swing and there was one solidly good brewery. When we left there were offerings across the gamut from some very solid breweries. Some not so solid breweries exist, and nature has already culled at least one in the last year.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I miss the Texas pride. I tend to avoid chain restaurants as much as possible. Eating at local places often meant at least 4 Texas beers on draft. There are places in Dallas and Austin that only serve Texas beers. That exists to a point where I am at, but I am not in San Diego or the Bay Area. LA is still catching on and I'm a good hour north west which a is almost its own microcosm.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 09:32:03 am »
I'm more after the Davis Mountains, Big Bend NP, and Marathon, Alpine, Marfa. Then swing up to Carlsbad Caverns, then Santa Fe again.

Been to JK, like the town of Drippin' and the Barber Shop, have been to Craft Pride and Bangers in Austin. Know the Q scene. Have a niece in Austin, and the BIL has been in Brownsville for 40+ years. Yeah, I have some experiences in TX. but want to see a little more. People in Michigan also have a similar pride in their state.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 09:33:19 am »
I'm more after the Davis Mountains, Big Bend NP, and Marathon, Alpine, Marfa. Then swing up to Carlsbad Caverns, then Santa Fe again.

Been to JK, like the town of Drippin' and the Barber Shop, have been to Craft Pride and Bangers in Austin. Know the Q scene. Have a niece in Austin, and the BIL has been in Brownsville for 40+ years. Yeah, I have some experiences in TX. but want to see a little more. People in Michigan also have a similar pride in their state.

I see you edited your handle.  ;)
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 10:56:33 am »
Tomorrow is the 180th anniversary of our Declaration of Independence! 03/02/1836...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 12:34:22 pm »
Sierra Nevada better watch itself now that it's brewing in South Carolina. I love how this piece of crap "would have bought a cheaper beer had he known Coors Light was not brewed exclusively in the Rockies."

http://m.newser.com/story/221300/lawsuit-coors-light-is-not-the-taste-of-the-rockies.html
It says "Brewed and Bottled by Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Chico CA & Mills River NC" on the label.

If you are ever in Asheville NC area, the brewery is beautiful, the tour is one of the best.
It was tongue in cheek.

I've been to Chico numerous times. If Asheville is half as nice as Chico, North Carolina is lucky to have them.

Think of what they could with a clean slate and $250 million.
I prefer to think of what I could do with a clean slate and $250 million.

I just want a clean slate. ;)

With $250 million the state of your slate is irrelevant.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 02:19:58 pm »
I get the tongue in cheek part, but a simple mistake is fat fingering the keyboard. Borth Carolina, Gorth Carolina, Horth Carolina, Jorth Carolina, Morth Carolina... ;)

Offline Stevie

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 09:06:54 pm »

I get the tongue in cheek part, but a simple mistake is fat fingering the keyboard. Borth Carolina, Gorth Carolina, Horth Carolina, Jorth Carolina, Morth Carolina... ;)
I do apologize for the confusion. I used to get pissed when people asked if I was from LA and people that live in way Northern California get pissed when people assume they live in the Bay Area.

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2016, 11:32:33 am »
FWIW - this is what the Mills River, NC brewery looks like (not my photo). Even the drive in is spectacular.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 12:04:01 pm »
Wow... looks like a Bass Pro Shop. Very nice!
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer