Author Topic: 2016 Spring Swap - Official Thread  (Read 26823 times)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Re: 2016 Spring Swap - Official Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2016, 06:03:36 PM »
Hey @Wort-H.O.G. I exceeded my PM limit - go figure!

So before I forget to reply back: Yes - I do love German lagers!  8) And no, we don't get Fatheads. I think we get Great Lakes? Idk anymore.

Amanda-
ok good. I will send you hop juju-fat head's imperial IPA. will be shipping next week and will send tracking.
-Ken
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2016, 06:54:26 PM »
Let me know if a house in your neighborhood becomes available for rent during the winter months Toby. I could help.

Will let you know, but it's a small cul-de-sac neighborhood, so typically only the occasional resale.  ;)

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2016, 06:59:35 PM »
And Toby, if you ever get around to sampling those from October I would love the feedback.  I've got my notes on your last beer on a piece of paper in my pocket (really) and can't remember if I ever posted them.

I definitely will.  They're in the kitchen fridge still.  Just had a rash of fresh hoppy stuff since then that needed attention more quickly.  Funny part is that I remember the stouts you sent that are left, but I cannot even remember what I sent you.  lol

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2016, 07:24:09 PM »

So before I forget to reply back: Yes - I do love German lagers!  8) And no, we don't get Fatheads. I think we get Great Lakes? Idk anymore.

Amanda-
ok good. I will send you hop juju-fat head's imperial IPA. will be shipping next week and will send tracking.
-Ken

Lol... I would have guessed you were getting rid of that. I'm actually sending Hop JuJu out as well
Frank

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2016, 07:43:37 PM »

Amanda-
-Ken

Lol... I would have guessed you were getting rid of that. I'm actually sending Hop JuJu out as well
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army

Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2016, 09:42:36 PM »
Joe Sr, I should be shipping next week. I've got to get to town and procure something local and interesting to toss in the box.

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2016, 09:46:07 PM »
Joe Sr, I should be shipping next week. I've got to get to town and procure something local and interesting to toss in the box.

No rush.  Do it on whatever schedule works for you.

I'm looking forward to it whenever it arrives.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2016, 12:34:32 AM »
I'm pretty stoked that I will be on the receiving end of Mort's beers.  I have heard good things, plus he's got access to stuff in Vt. and Me. not available in Florida.  WooHoo!
For JT in Ohio, I have some treated Imperial Porters (coffee and bourbon barrel), a Brett Old Ale, a sour solara  blend and if you can wait, a German Pilsner.  Is there something you really want from Tampa?  Favorite styles?
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2016, 12:42:28 AM »

I'm pretty stoked that I will be on the receiving end of Mort's beers.  I have heard good things, plus he's got access to stuff in Vt. and Me. not available in Florida.  WooHoo!
For JT in Ohio, I have some treated Imperial Porters (coffee and bourbon barrel), a Brett Old Ale, a sour solara  blend and if you can wait, a German Pilsner.  Is there something you really want from Tampa?  Favorite styles?

I haven't found a style that I really dislike.    I'm definitely looking forward to your beers, they all sound right up my alley.  Ship at your convenience!  I can wait!
As far as locals go, I've had great beers from Cigar City and Saint Somewhere.  Anything you send will be a treat I'm sure.  Send me something you like. 

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2016, 09:17:50 PM »
Amanda- the northern german pils I'm sending is with weyermann Barke pils malt. im digging this malt so if you haven't tried it, you will soon.
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army

Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2016, 10:26:09 PM »
Amanda- the northern german pils I'm sending is with weyermann Barke pils malt. im digging this malt so if you haven't tried it, you will soon.
Hell yeah! I'm about to try out a new one here as well: Ireks. I honestly didn't plan having you being my shipper, but I am super stoked about it. German Lagers are my jam.

And Frank, I'll be on the later end of the shipping window but it's only because I'm particularly excited about one of the American Wilds I am about to bottle. I want to bottle some of it plain and try dry hopping a small portion of it with Amarillo if I can figure out the logistics. If I can figure it out with my equipment, you'll get both. :D
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Education Director
BJCP Assistant Education Director
BJCP Master/Mead

Redbird Brewhouse - There's Always a Project
Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2016, 11:17:13 PM »
Hell yeah! I'm about to try out a new one here as well: Ireks. I honestly didn't plan having you being my shipper, but I am super stoked about it. German Lagers are my jam.

And Frank, I'll be on the later end of the shipping window but it's only because I'm particularly excited about one of the American Wilds I am about to bottle. I want to bottle some of it plain and try dry hopping a small portion of it with Amarillo if I can figure out the logistics. If I can figure it out with my equipment, you'll get both. :D

I'll be camped out on the porch waiting on the UPS guy on the 4/30  :P

Really. I don't care if it's a little late. I'm just uber stoked to try your beers!

This is my first swap since my hiatus stretched across the last two. So, I'm a bit excited. Looking to be inspired to broaden my horizons a bit with this.
Frank

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2016, 03:51:46 AM »

I'll be camped out on the porch waiting on the UPS guy on the 4/30 

Really. I don't care if it's a little late. I'm just uber stoked to try your beers!

This is my first swap since my hiatus stretched across the last two. So, I'm a bit excited. Looking to be inspired to broaden my horizons a bit with this.
Ive been amazed at the quality of the beers I've received. Mine are mediocre in comparison. We have some truly expert brewers on this forum. I suspect Amanda's beers are top shelf as well.

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »
Jim, I agree with your generalized statement and specifically with Amanda's beers being fantastic
Frank L.
Fermenting: Ringler Pilsner (thanx Ron)
Conditioning: BVIP (thanx Denny)
In keg: Traquair House Clone (Skotrat style)
In the works:  Czech Dark Lager, American Pale Ale

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2016, 02:12:39 PM »
Packaging now Amanda. Ship out Monday .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army