Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Fruit flavored IPA  (Read 4957 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Fruit flavored IPA
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 11:29:46 pm »
I had 1 bottle of the pineapple Sculpin tonight. As Steve mentioned, I got some pineapple ,or a lot, in the aroma, but could not pick it up in the flavor at all. I didn't think meh,  just no pineapple in the flavor. Still a Sculpin and therefore great, but would not go out of my way to find the pineapple in a bottle again
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Fruit flavored IPA
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2016, 04:58:53 am »
I had 1 bottle of the pineapple Sculpin tonight. As Steve mentioned, I got some pineapple ,or a lot, in the aroma, but could not pick it up in the flavor at all. I didn't think meh,  just no pineapple in the flavor. Still a Sculpin and therefore great, but would not go out of my way to find the pineapple in a bottle again

I just had my first bottle. I did taste it, but not like I did on tap. When I had it on tap, it was strongly noticeable on the backend. I like it better than grapefruit sculpin mainly because I can barely differentiate it with regular Sculpin. I did find that Grapefuit was best in cans.
Frank