Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Favorite Bottles?  (Read 5163 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Favorite Bottles?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2016, 12:43:13 pm »
Labels in Europe usually peel easily as they reuse bottles. Or they used to. Often all you have to do is get them wet and the label will almost fall off. Those are the best to collect.

Not so good in America where it is frequently label looseningly humid and folks also tend to ice beer down. I've opened a cooler or two to find all the labels had slid off the bottles. ::)

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Epipen

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2016, 06:07:21 am »
I've been collecting swing top bottles this past year.  I started with the 4 packs of Grolsch and have piled up a good amount.  Then as I was looking through ebays selection of swing tops I found a ceramic/stoneware bottle made by M.K.M..  They come in 500ml. and 750ml.  FRANZ JOSEPH JUBELBIER has the 500ml. bottles.  There nice and heavy, but lately the prices have gone up from what I used to get them for.  There's also the 750ml. M.K.M. bottles.  If they have them listed for a good price I try and scoop them up.  I think my wife is starting to get annoyed at the collection I have going on.  But I stated that's part of the package deal that went with the marriage....  lol.  I got to have my priorities.....  If I could figure out how to post photos I'd love to show off some of my bottles.....
All right then.....  that's my story and I'm sticking to it......

Offline Saccharomyces

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Deus ex machina
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 09:09:11 am »
I like Sierra Nevada bottles followed by Anchor's bottle shape.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2016, 11:21:30 am »
I like Sierra Nevada bottles followed by Anchor's bottle shape.
Same. I don't bother collecting the anchor bottles, but maybe I should. I just had an Italian IPA last night that came in a bottle similar to Meantime. Those are pretty sweet.

Offline Joe Sr.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2016, 11:39:31 am »
Just bought a six pack of Guinness Extra Stout.  They have changed the bottles to the same style as the draft bottles.

I'm somewhat saddened.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton