Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 6/25  (Read 8380 times)

Offline ndcube

• Brewmaster
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 6/25
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 07:19:53 am »
Brewed five gallons of APA on Friday.  Usually I put it in a keg tub in the basement with some water and a towel wrapped around it to keep it around 64F.  This time I figured it'd be fine since the basement's sitting around 62F.  Oops.  Fermentation ramped up to about 71F within two days and it looks like it's just about done already.  This one may not turn out as well as I hoped.  Lesson learned.

Yep.  Lately my practice has been to ferment everything is a tub of water, even when my basement is in the upper 40s.  (Lager time!)  Keeps the temps steady.

Offline pyrite

• Brewer
  • Davis, CA
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 02:16:03 pm »
The Flanders is done

Fred

Hey bonjour I'm wondering what kinda bug you are going to use or will use...?

I don't have any experience brewing a Flanders Red, but when I made what was supposed to be an oak barrel aged old ale style the color was closer to a Flanders Red.  After reading the BJCP guidelines it kinda falls in line with the style, although I have never tasted a Flanders Red before.

If you don't get in over your head, how are you ever going to know how tall you are.

Offline lazydog79

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 09:40:06 pm »
After scheduling and yeast issues, I finally got my Oktoberfest brewed today.  It was sunny and 78 this afternoon in Central IL.  I spent the afternoon brewing - had as close to a flawless brew session as I ever get - drank a couple of last month's Blonde Ale's, and tested out the hammock during the boil.  MAN I LOVE BREWING!!!   ;D

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2010, 11:48:52 am »
That sounds like an outstanding brewday.  Especially the part about the beer and the hammock.
Clint
Wort Hogs