Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Homebrewing Abroad (Germany)  (Read 2649 times)

Offline shawnx86

• 1st Kit
Homebrewing Abroad (Germany)
« on: June 23, 2010, 03:09:38 pm »
I am considering taking a position in Stuttgart-Moehringen, Germany and am wondering how It will affect my homebrewing. Particulary about the availability of Yeast. Does any one have experience brewing in Germany?

Shawn
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, 1788, Initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights, Walter Bennet

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
Re: Homebrewing Abroad (Germany)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 04:13:58 am »
It'll be possible, but not as easy as you're used to. There's Brouwland in eastern Belgium that seems to be the supplier for homebrewers in the surrounding countries (I get my stuff from them - I'm in Belgium). They do have distributers all over Europe. If a nearby distributer doesn't carry what you want, they can usually special order it or you can mail order direct from Brouwland. For yeast, you might want to consider expanding your use of Safale 05.

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:18:56 pm »
Check with the guys at hobbybrauer.de. This is a German home brewing board and they'll forgive you if you ask where to find brewing supplies in English.

Home brewing is not as popular in Germany as it is in the US but there are on-line stores that carry what you need. They also sell the Wyeast.

Kai

Offline spikbeatz

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 04:46:11 am »
I want to thank you Theoman. I just moved to Germany 4 days ago(USAF member). I created a login for Brauwland and I can almost get everything I'll need.

Had you not mentioned them almost 4 yrs in this thread, my search on this forum would've ended pretty quickly without any results.

Thank you.

Cheers!!

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 07:54:07 pm »
I want to thank you Theoman. I just moved to Germany 4 days ago(USAF member). I created a login for Brauwland and I can almost get everything I'll need.

Had you not mentioned them almost 4 yrs in this thread, my search on this forum would've ended pretty quickly without any results.

Thank you.

Cheers!!

I'm glad you found what you needed. But do remember we are always glad to answer any questions that you can't find the answer to in a search.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 06:01:19 am »

Thank you.

Cheers!!

Excellent! You're very welcome. Glad to see someone around here takes me seriously. :-)

Brouwland's selection keeps getting better, but it bugs me that I'm pretty much forced to support their monopoly. Oh, well. You do what you gotta do. I have ordered from these Swedes before when Brouwland's selection was more sparse: http://shop.humle.se/ Shipping isn't cheap, though.

Offline edonalp

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 08:25:39 pm »
I want to thank you Theoman. I just moved to Germany 4 days ago(USAF member). I created a login for Brauwland and I can almost get everything I'll need. Now if you have questions, you can send me a message on here and I will get back to you.

Thank you.

Cheers!!

I'm glad you found what you needed. But do remember we are always glad to answer any questions that you can't find the answer to in a search.

Hello
do you know of the cost comparison of supplies in Germany vs. USA? where would it be cheaper?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:39:22 pm by edonalp »