Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Does anyone know if individuals can order directly from Foxx equipment co.?  (Read 2681 times)

Offline enso

• Brewer
  • Northeast Kingdom, VT
    • Bristle Bros. Brewing Blog
I have seen folks mentioning their catalog so i checked their website.  It appears you can only look at their online catalog if you have an account.  So I ordered a paper copy.  I swear it came the next day!  I put in the name of my homebrewery for business name as it was a required field.

The catalog says wholesale only and there is a credit application on the back of the ordering form.  However, they offer products individually.  The prices are really good (I guess they must be the wholesale) so I would love to order from them.

So how about it?  Anybody know the scoop?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 10:11:13 am by enso »
Dave Brush

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
Re: Does anyone know if individuals can order directly from Foxx equipment co.?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:56:23 am »
Not any more.
But let us know if you have any success.
Brew on

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 11:38:49 am »
In my area it is stupidly easy to form a sole prop. One form at the county clerk's office and a separate bank account. There may be a small (like $10) filing fee or something, but that's all it takes to get a bona fide business license.

Would that work?
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline enso

• Brewer
  • Northeast Kingdom, VT
    • Bristle Bros. Brewing Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 02:17:06 pm »
In my area it is stupidly easy to form a sole prop. One form at the county clerk's office and a separate bank account. There may be a small (like $10) filing fee or something, but that's all it takes to get a bona fide business license.

Would that work?

Well, I do have my own business already actually.  I thought about that.  Just was not sure if they require minimum purchase amounts or anything like that.  Plus, if they check my finances, they will find my business is not exactly lucrative so far.   :-\
Dave Brush

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 02:34:39 pm »
Well, I do have my own business already actually.  I thought about that.  Just was not sure if they require minimum purchase amounts or anything like that.  Plus, if they check my finances, they will find my business is not exactly lucrative so far.   :-\
That should never be a problem if you're willing to pay up front.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 02:37:31 pm »

That was my thought - My business is in the same boat, ut I can't see them refusing cash up front. Minumum orders might be the only issue, but if the prices are good enough maybe it's time to diversify your business a little.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 02:39:10 pm »

That was my thought - My business is in the same boat, ut I can't see them refusing cash up front. Minumum orders might be the only issue, but if the prices are good enough maybe it's time to diversify your business a little.
Or at least get a few club members together for an order, it looks like you're in VT enso, there must be people around who'd like to place an order too.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 04:05:47 pm »
What are you trying to order?
Brew on

Offline IHBHS

• Assistant Brewer
    • Ice Harbor Brewing Co.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 02:59:22 am »
With Foxx you can do a Net 30 account or you can do a CC on file account.  You will get your wholesale price and there is no minimum order.  Foxx is one of our vendors and I order 1 of something all the time, unless you're looking at tubing then 1 = `1 100' roll. 
Ice Harbor Brewing Co.
www.iceharbor.com