Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Full Boil Impact  (Read 5802 times)

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
Re: Full Boil Impact
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2016, 06:08:30 am »
Don't be ashamed, that's why every engineer needs a good technician to watch out for them.  8)

(I had to take that one, it was handed to me.)
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline dmtaylor

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Lord Idiot the Lazy
    • YEAST MASTER Perma-Living
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2016, 06:18:08 am »
Don't be ashamed, that's why every engineer needs a good technician to watch out for them.  8)

Techs are indeed a tremendous help.  Maybe I should have been a tech for all the fun they've allowed me to have in my job.  My little brother was smart and went the tech route.  Can be more fun for almost the same pay, or maybe even more if they pay you hourly & double-time on weekends & holidays like my buddies here.  :)
Dave

The world will become a much more pleasant place to live when each and every one of us realizes that we are all idiots.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2016, 06:28:22 am »
True, though I still plan to get my engineering degree. I'm already close to maxing out what I can make at my company as a tech, so if I want to advance I have to get my degree.

Hopefully I can avoid a pay cut going from a senior tech position to a junior engineering one. We'll see how things transfer over in three or four years when I get done.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

RPIScotty

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2016, 06:45:36 am »

Techs are indeed a tremendous help.  Maybe I should have been a tech for all the fun they've allowed me to have in my job.  My little brother was smart and went the tech route.  Can be more fun for almost the same pay, or maybe even more if they pay you hourly & double-time on weekends & holidays like my buddies here.  :)

Phil,

Your comment wouldn't be half as spot on if it wasn't totally true.

I think Dave can attest to the importance, at least in our industry, of craft personnel in maintaining the configuration of the "paper" plant to the actual plant.

I came back to school at 25 and enrolled in an EE bachelors program. I've always prided my self on having had 8 years of contractor/craft experience prior. I like to think it helped me bring some common sense to the heady-ness of higher math and harder sciences.