Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Schlafly Summer Lager  (Read 1634 times)

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Schlafly Summer Lager
« on: March 21, 2016, 04:07:29 pm »
There is a lot of conversation on this forum about Helles style beers. I am wondering if any of you have had Schafly Summer Lager and if so do you think it hits the style.

I haven't had too many Helles so I can't really judge. The beer is delicious. I can see why so many brewers here like this style.

PS. Schafly's whole summer mix pack is really good. It's not summer yet, but, I can forgive that especially since I am drinking at the beach this week

Offline jweiss206

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Schlafly Summer Lager
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 04:41:44 pm »
There is a lot of conversation on this forum about Helles style beers. I am wondering if any of you have had Schafly Summer Lager and if so do you think it hits the style.

I haven't had too many Helles so I can't really judge. The beer is delicious. I can see why so many brewers here like this style.

PS. Schafly's whole summer mix pack is really good. It's not summer yet, but, I can forgive that especially since I am drinking at the beach this week

One of my favorite everyday kind of beers is the Bikini Blonde by Maui Brewing. I think it's an excellent example of a Helles Lager. Wish I had brewed one while the weather was cold enough to lager outdoors.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 04:53:18 pm »

One of my favorite everyday kind of beers is the Bikini Blonde by Maui Brewing. I think it's an excellent example of a Helles Lager. Wish I had brewed one while the weather was cold enough to lager outdoors.
Sounds like I need a trip to Hawaii.

Offline jweiss206

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 05:23:57 pm »

Or Washington in this case. Pretty widely distributed here. Overpriced, but delicious.

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 05:24:45 pm »

Or Washington in this case. Pretty widely distributed here. Overpriced, but delicious.
Don't tell me that. I want to go to Hawaii.