Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Yellowhammer to go!  (Read 3118 times)

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
Re: Yellowhammer to go!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 02:44:13 pm »
That is great!  I didn't know a brewery could make a profit. All  I hear is you can't start small and become profitable. Guess you gave a big fly the bird to that Kieth. Good on ya man!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren't actually profitable yet, but we are projected to be profitable after next year (but we didn't have the growler bill passing in our projections, so it may actually come sooner). We are still growing and operating at a loss. If it wasn't for a very supportive wife who works her ass off to support me and my family there is no way I could do this. I make some money, but barely more than I did the year I graduated college. And I basically worked 3 years for free and invested a lot of money. I'm not saying it is different than any other start up business, but the warnings of starting a brewery are legit. And failure is still a possibility for us even now.

What Alabama needs now is a self distribute law and cap it around 300,000 barrels. So you don't have to go years without making a profit.

Offline wright3599

• 1st Kit
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 08:23:16 am »
Occasionally I take contract jobs that allow me to travel to fun beer related destinations.  Huntsville Alabama is one of my favorites!   Lots of great beer and good people in and around Huntsville.  I had no idea till I visited the first time, nice surprise.   Looking forward to my next visit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 11:30:18 am »
Occasionally I take contract jobs that allow me to travel to fun beer related destinations.  Huntsville Alabama is one of my favorites!   Lots of great beer and good people in and around Huntsville.  I had no idea till I visited the first time, nice surprise.   Looking forward to my next visit.

Make sure you let us know when you pass thru again and we'll meet up and tip a pint.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 11:07:25 am »

I love huntsville. It's not what most people think when they envision Alabama. Birmingham is very nice too.