Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewatercalc - brewing water calculator  (Read 2417 times)

Offline brewatercalc

• 1st Kit
Brewatercalc - brewing water calculator
« on: March 26, 2016, 04:58:52 pm »
I would like to present new software for brewing water calculation. The software is developed by me, and it is completely free to use. I hope that you will find it  useful.

Link:
www.brewater.net

Some of futures:

With this calculator you can do:

-Creating base for waters, target profiles and malts for further use
-Automatically blend two and more different waters, so that all together be as much as possible close to target profile
-Automatic calculation of minerals/salts together with base waters to match target profile as close as posible.
-You can choose which minerals/salts will be taken into account during automatic calculation
-You can also enter all data manually like in spreadsheet
-The software works as standalone application
-It is posible to generate report as .pdf file at any time (in future will be and html export supported)
-You can have different project for every batch, which can be saved to base and available at any time
-I hope that in future this project will be translated to more languages then existing two (with help of other users)
-The method for calculation of mash pH used in this software is proven, but user should check it

Development of this software is continuing, and in future you could expect more interesting futures.

I am currently preparing an video tutorial, where the software will be presented in detail.

Thank you a lot for your feedback.

Danijel
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:06:55 pm by brewatercalc »

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
Re: Brewatercalc - brewing water calculator
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 07:26:16 pm »
Windows only? What is license on your software? 
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline brewatercalc

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 02:23:51 am »
Windows only? What is license on your software?
Yes, unfortunately in this moment it is only for windows. The software is free, so you don't need license for using.

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 02:52:40 pm »
Initial impressions are favorable. Self-contained software; portable use given .net requirement; pretty clean interface.  Some sprucing and placement adjustments would help the GUI.  Data fields feel awkward, specifically that I cannot remove one once it's been added.

The biggest problem I ran into was that after entering a city water profile and some grainbill examples; then calculating; I pressed the cancel button on the main windows. This brought my (long-in-the-tooth) system to a grinding halt for 20+ minutes while it tried to unload the software/.net/etc (I'm assuming a memory leak?).  Needlesstosay, I don't want to run this again until that won't happen again.  Maybe I can find an event logged that would be helpful.

Edit: No event logged for the latter issue.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:33:25 pm by stpug »

Offline brewatercalc

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 02:59:23 pm »
@stpug
Thank you for feedback, I will check it and in case if I find what makes problem it will be fixed.

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 03:10:12 pm »
@stpug
Thank you for feedback, I will check it and in case if I find what makes problem it will be fixed.

No problem. I also noticed that you have 'Upper' misspelled on the calculation window in two places.

Offline brewatercalc

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 03:12:35 pm »
@stpug

No problem. I also noticed that you have 'Upper' misspelled on the calculation window in two places.
Ah, yes. You are right. This one was easy  to fix. :)