Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: kegging lager  (Read 1173 times)

Offline russell

• Assistant Brewer
kegging lager
« on: March 30, 2016, 11:46:02 am »
laagered for 4 weeks using wyeast 2001. I have had success with this in the past.
 It looked good and clear when I put it into the keg. When I drew some out after I carbonated, it is cloudy. the only thing I can think of is if I left a little of the Starsan in there and it effected it, or it needs to be left alone at about 34 F for more weeks.
 the taste was a little weak at first but after about 3 days it seems to be getting better.
 Could the Starsan effect the beer? I have used Starsan for many years now without a problem. it is my go to sanitizer and I believe it didn't effect the beer but ...just asking.

Offline brewinhard

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: kegging lager
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 11:48:14 am »
No the starsan would not make your beer cloudy or affect it negatively. Depending on how many glasses you have pulled out of the keg so far, I would bet that it is just sediment that has settled out from lagering so far making your first few pulls a bit cloudier than normal.  After a few more beers out of there I bet it will start to clear up nicely for you.

Keep us posted.

Offline russell

• Assistant Brewer
Re: kegging lager
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 04:54:01 pm »
This is what I was thinking it may need. So far I have pulled about 3 glasses or less out and it is still cloudy.