Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Brewer With Some General Questions  (Read 2132 times)

Offline XxSTOZZYxX

• 1st Kit
Re: New Brewer With Some General Questions
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 11:01:34 am »
Well batch 2 seems like it's more on point. At bottle, my FG was right where it should be, color was great, an early taste gave a great hint of honey without being overly sweet... REALLY excited for them puppies to carbonate in time for some spring grilling. Gonna pop one this weekend and see where we're at.

Batch 3 is in the upstairs closet this time, primary only this go around. Temp seems stable in there, varies with the furnace running thanks to our 70 one day, 40 the next weather patterns. It got cold cold one day and i didn't see any action in the airlock, so I took her out to the ktichen, gave her a spin and got the temp up and she started goin steady again.

I'm thinkin batch 4 I'm gonna branch out of the 'premade' kits i've been usin and do a scratch recipe. figure i got about 3 weeks for the research and ingredient list and want to take a crack at a Dunkelweis since my first one turned out kind of meh.

Also not diving into the fridge mod yet, but I will be inching into assisted temp control and digital monitoring.