Author Topic: Pranks?  (Read 4129 times)

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
    • View Profile
Re: Pranks?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 07:04:30 AM »
I love giving someone a good scare.  My wife usually doesn't appreciate it though  ;D
Clint
Wort Hogs

Fermenting: Wit
On Tap: Lucifer's Hammer Golden Strong Ale, Dopplebock, Old Fuzzynut's Ale

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 08:07:46 AM »
I love giving someone a good scare.  My wife usually doesn't appreciate it though  ;D

Yeh, same here.   ;D  My wife loves it when SHE gets me though.   :D  ::)   Most people get pissed at first, then laugh about it once the intial shock has worn off... about 3 seconds.   ;)  My wife is hilarious to watch, she acts and sounds like the terretguy on youtube.   :D

Like Denny said though, sometimes you gotta be careful Who you scare. 

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 08:19:03 AM »

Like Denny said though, sometimes you gotta be careful Who you scare. 

Yeah, my wife's pregnant so she's exempt at the moment.  No need for an unplanned early trip to the hospital.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Fermenting: Wit
On Tap: Lucifer's Hammer Golden Strong Ale, Dopplebock, Old Fuzzynut's Ale

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Mecca, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »
Ever heard of an 'upper decker'?

You just went back  up to the top of my list of heros!!!
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »
Wow, that one takes me back. We also called it top shelfing someone. You'd have to really piss me off to doo that to you! I've only known 1 person who actually did that to somebody.

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • View Profile
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 01:07:58 PM »

You just went back  up to the top of my list of heros!!!

Yeah, but would you invite me to a party?   :D

Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »
You'd have to really piss me off to doo that to you! I've only known 1 person who actually did that to somebody.

Bad and uncaring businesses are a quality target. But you might victimize innocent patrons or employees if these people are not included as targets.   

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 04:10:05 PM »
I think what you're referring to is collateral damage.   :D

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • View Profile
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 04:36:58 PM »
I just remembered one where I was the victim. Not much of a prank but they got me good. A "friend" of mine got off work just before me and happened to park close to me in the lot. He saw my car and recognized it. It was late evening, so it was dark. He also noticed a pickup truck with a bit of a lift on it parked next to my car. He crawled on his belly under the truck and hid waiting for me to unlock my car. The moment my keys went into the lock he grabbed both my ankles and growled. I jumped about 3 feet into the air...... punk....
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »
Here's one that's quite timely good for a few yuks . .

1 inch clear heat shrink tube encasing a grilled hot dog. Grill dog, shrink tubing around dog, back on grill for a few broiled grate marks, put on bun, dress with condiments, serve and watch the fun begin as the unsuspecting eater of said dog tries to gnaw through the shrunken and undetectable polyethylene shroud!
Just brew it...

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 05:06:21 PM »
I had a most terrible prank pulled on me once. We were 'down the shore' at a party in Wildwood NJ. The Villas to be exact, where I was S-faced drunk and latter passed out on a lounge chair.

Sometime later I woke up in shock with cold water flowing heavily onto my private parts. I was soaked as I went to reach for the hose that was shoved into my pants and turned on full. It was then that I realized I was completely duct tapped to the lounge chair.

I realized that escape was going to be very difficult if not impossible so I began shouting. It was completely dark as the lights started coming on in the house of the yard that I was in. I then realized that this is not the house where the party was.I didnt recognize the people came to the back door to see who was screaming in their back yard.

Thankfully they had a sense of humor as this family cut me free from the chair. I was embarrassed and still pretty drunk as I thanked them for their help and carried my lounge chair back into the road.

Then I had to figure out where the hell I was and how to get back.  

Some friends I had, right?

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »
I got tears in my eyes from that one!  ;D
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline MrNate

• Brewmaster
  • Bridgewater, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 07:54:06 AM »
I had a most terrible prank pulled on me once. We were 'down the shore' at a party in Wildwood NJ. The Villas to be exact, where I was S-faced drunk and latter passed out on a lounge chair.

Sometime later I woke up in shock with cold water flowing heavily onto my private parts. I was soaked as I went to reach for the hose that was shoved into my pants and turned on full. It was then that I realized I was completely duct tapped to the lounge chair.

I realized that escape was going to be very difficult if not impossible so I began shouting. It was completely dark as the lights started coming on in the house of the yard that I was in. I then realized that this is not the house where the party was.I didnt recognize the people came to the back door to see who was screaming in their back yard.

Thankfully they had a sense of humor as this family cut me free from the chair. I was embarrassed and still pretty drunk as I thanked them for their help and carried my lounge chair back into the road.

Then I had to figure out where the hell I was and how to get back.  

Some friends I had, right?

Understanding the events that shaped your life really makes me understand how you became the guy we all know and love.
“If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.”

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Mecca, Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 08:09:56 AM »
Wow man! WOW!!!
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline richardt

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 08:44:36 AM »
I’ve done a few pranks that, fortunately, escaped detection on the HR radar.  Here’s one from 8 years ago:

One of the staff members at work really enjoyed pulling pranks on April Fool’s Day.  So, to get the guys in the office, she decided to place Saran Wrap over the toilet bowl and then put both seats down.  The idea was that the Saran Wrap would be stretched tight and looks clear as glass and the guys who used that toilet would get a lot of back splatter.

Well, it didn’t work—it wasn’t stretched tight (reflected too much overhead light).  I decided to turn the tables.  I pulled it off and promptly went to the employee’s restroom (used only by the females in the office) and applied the Saran Wrap properly.  I figured it was a long shot.

Turns out that our 65 year old Type A++ Control Freak Office Manager who was already quite annoyed with all the dumb April Fools jokes being played on everyone that day had to answer Nature’s Call.  She just charged in there, pulled up her skirt, sat down, turned it on “blast!” and treated herself to a golden bidet.

She didn’t look at or speak to me for 3 days afterwards.  When she finally did, I couldn’t help myself—I burst out laughing!