Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Guess we need to schedule a trip to Lexington, thanks Alltech!  (Read 1760 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
"Hello!

Thank you for writing to us about your recent experience with our signature brand, Kentucky Ale.  We appreciate that you have taken the time to write to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. Quality is our number one priority.

Thank you for sending us the numbers etched on the neck of the bottle just below the label. This will help with our research.

To say thank you, we would like to offer you free tour tickets to our facility in Lexington, KY to see how our beer and spirits are made first hand.   In addition, we would love to send you two of the Kentucky Ale pint glasses.

We look forward to your response; please send along a mailing address."

I had emailed them about an issue with Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale 4 pack we had purchased. Once again, the squeaky wheel gets the greaase.

Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
Re: Guess we need to schedule a trip to Lexington, thanks Alltech!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 02:44:12 pm »
Cool
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline 69franx

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 03:48:04 pm »
Package showed up. No tour tickets, just pads of sticky notes with the lost of medals they won. Very disappointing compared to tour tix
Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 07:18:22 am »
I should have asked, what was the issue?

I have a Kentucky Vintage in the queue right now.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline 69franx

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 01:16:16 pm »
Realistically, I think they were mislabeled. I did not detect any common flaws such as diacetyl, infection, or oxidation, they just were not Kentucky Bourbon Barrel ale. They make several different varieties and thats what I think happened. They did now send us the tour tickets and the glassware, so again, it pays to let them know. I know that there was a thread in the near past about whether or not to let a brewery know when you have an issue with their beer and the general consensus was to tell them to help with QC, so I did. We may even put the tour tickets to use this weekend now that the kids will be with their father for the weekend and we have the weekend to ourselves
Frank L.