Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 3 Floyd's Barrel Aged Darkness  (Read 6525 times)

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: 3 Floyd's Barrel Aged Darkness
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2016, 06:33:56 am »
Oh a 2012 was my first exp.to dark lords day, and this year with 200$ per person with 4 bottles of dark lord imperial stout, and 1 bottle of dark lord variant, I was SUPER unlucky, my sister is getting married on the 30th.  And she is the reason I can't go, and I will remind her for the rest of her life!  Even living in Indiana that is steep though.  I struggle to find 3 floyds anywhere in a bottle.  I have not seen a 6pack in stock on a shelf of gumball head, zombie dust, or Yum Yum in a year.  If I want it, I have to ask a friend at party pak to order some up and hold them for me.  They fly off of any shelf they get set on.  Oh to home brew as well as 3 Floyds....
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)

Offline 00ramair

• 1st Kit
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2016, 06:40:31 am »
Oh a 2012 was my first exp.to dark lords day, and this year with 200$ per person with 4 bottles of dark lord imperial stout, and 1 bottle of dark lord variant, I was SUPER unlucky, my sister is getting married on the 30th.  And she is the reason I can't go, and I will remind her for the rest of her life!  Even living in Indiana that is steep though.  I struggle to find 3 floyds anywhere in a bottle.  I have not seen a 6pack in stock on a shelf of gumball head, zombie dust, or Yum Yum in a year.  If I want it, I have to ask a friend at party pak to order some up and hold them for me.  They fly off of any shelf they get set on.  Oh to home brew as well as 3 Floyds....

$200 for 5 bottles is a lot of money for any beer!!!

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 08:16:47 am »

It is but it helps that the ticket included a food/drink credit for the event. Still, those beers are not cheap.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline mharding73

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 08:28:03 am »
I'm in Mishawaka Indiana for work right now.  Both places I went to for dinner so far had Zombie dust on tap.  They also had many others 3F beers.  I also went to a bottle shop last night and picked up a sixer  of gumball head and alpha King to take home. 

Offline 00ramair

• 1st Kit
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 08:30:45 am »

It is but it helps that the ticket included a food/drink credit for the event. Still, those beers are not cheap.

Food and drink for the event helps, otherwise it's $40 a bottle.

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 09:33:38 am »

Yeah. I think it was $50 food and drink voucher, 5 beers, a tote bag, and maybe a tshirt for $200. I was more intrigued with this all inclusive price than they way it was done in years past. It also shortens lines and what not.
Frank

Offline 00ramair

• 1st Kit
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 09:54:56 am »

Yeah. I think it was $50 food and drink voucher, 5 beers, a tote bag, and maybe a tshirt for $200. I was more intrigued with this all inclusive price than they way it was done in years past. It also shortens lines and what not.

I'm sure it was a good event so that might be worth it, entertainment has its value also.

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 02:31:50 am »
There is music at the event as well.  Terrible terrible throat screaming metal.
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline twopumpsandimsorry

• Cellarman
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016, 07:53:33 am »
I have a great clone recipe for a barrel aged dark lord. take 10 gallons of soy sauce, reduce it to 4 gallons , add about 3 lbs of white sugar and bourbon to taste. Charge your neighbors 50 for the privilege of buying said beer and then charge them 80 for your creation. Done and done.
Had a taster of BB dark lord 2015 at a the great taste in madison last year and dumped it out after one sip. Three Floyds could repackage bud platinum and sell it for 18.00 a six pack and people would go nuts for it. Plenty of other beers that are as good if not better then three Floyds and easier to get a hold of.
"We are here to drink beer.... and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."
Charles Bukowski

Offline 00ramair

• 1st Kit
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2016, 08:04:14 am »
I have a great clone recipe for a barrel aged dark lord. take 10 gallons of soy sauce, reduce it to 4 gallons , add about 3 lbs of white sugar and bourbon to taste. Charge your neighbors 50 for the privilege of buying said beer and then charge them 80 for your creation. Done and done.
Had a taster of BB dark lord 2015 at a the great taste in madison last year and dumped it out after one sip. Three Floyds could repackage bud platinum and sell it for 18.00 a six pack and people would go nuts for it. Plenty of other beers that are as good if not better then three Floyds and easier to get a hold of.

Agreed, there are a ton of awesome beers out there that don't enough or any credit at all!!!

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 12:06:54 pm »

Ha! Well Dark Lord isn't for everyone.  Enjoy those BMCs
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 06:16:27 pm »
I gotta say I love FFF's beers,  but Dark Lord is way too sweet to enjoy.
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline twopumpsandimsorry

• Cellarman
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 08:31:19 am »

Ha! Well Dark Lord isn't for everyone.  Enjoy those BMCs

Who made the beer is not my only criteria for liking it. Needs to actually be good. 

Overrated, over priced beers are not my jam. Dark Lord being top on the list. One of the most disappointing RIS ive had. Darkness, BCBS, Assassin, Abraxas, and Hunahpu are all far superior to Dark Lord.
Three Floyds could sell barrel aged toilet water and people would go crazy for it and pay out the nose.
"We are here to drink beer.... and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us."
Charles Bukowski

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 11:37:47 am »
That post was too much, I took it down because you guys are right,  No since in arguing.  At the end of the day a good beer is what probably puts a smile on both our faces...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:49:26 pm by JJeffers09 »

AHA Member

RPIScotty

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 11:50:13 am »
Practice some restraint here fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk