Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Stuck lager (couple of points sg) need advice.  (Read 10854 times)

narvin

Re: Stuck lager (couple of points sg) need advice.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 06:44:16 pm »
You guys make me laugh.

Beersk, if I don't know anything why did you follow my advice ;)   I see you have some hurt feelings you didn't make the cut. But I think it's quite obvious you know why. ;)

Narvin, why you get so angry over beer!  Isn't that the opposite of what you preach. I have zero anger in what I say. You all are fueled with rage. Ironic isn't. It's like the world is flat all over again!

It's that same closed mindedness that will never allow you to reach what you seek.

For the record it's not some secret ingredient, or some mash, or some fermentation.  It's as a simple as breathing... But it's overlooked by all but the best  8)

This dialog is George Lucas awful. 

RPIScotty

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 07:15:28 pm »
Reading Kai has less baggage associated with it. Mr. Beerery has gone from eager contributor to spurned "Genius" to hapless clown troll in less time than my 3 year old has been on earth.

We suffer this fool because this isn't the type of forum that closes its doors to people we don't like.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 08:46:15 pm »
Reading Kai has less baggage associated with it. Mr. Beerery has gone from eager contributor to spurned "Genius" to hapless clown troll in less time than my 3 year old has been on earth.

We suffer this fool because this isn't the type of forum that closes its doors to people we don't like.

We aren't suffering any fool. Though the argument could be made that we are dealing with one.  This has become absurd. Where does it end? We are a forum about homebrewing. Not ego. What has gone down here is so ridiculous I can not comprehend. I have known Bryan on line for probably 10-15 years. He has always had something positive to contribute. Suddenly he has become a JEDI fnCING NINJA brewer and everyone else is a ********** bloody idiot. SOOOOOO fncking tired of this. BRYAN - go to the hole you created and make your world class FNckomg beer. If you have something you want to share with the brotherhood of brewers .... who are here waiting to share and be shared with. JOIN THE FNCK IN! OTHER WISE! Go the hell away! You offer nothing.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 09:02:54 pm »

We aren't suffering any fool. Though the argument could be made that we are dealing with one.  This has become absurd. Where does it end? We are a forum about homebrewing. Not ego. What has gone down here is so ridiculous I can not comprehend. I have known Bryan on line for probably 10-15 years. He has always had something positive to contribute. Suddenly he has become a JEDI fnCING NINJA brewer and everyone else is a ********** bloody idiot. SOOOOOO fncking tired of this. BRYAN - go to the hole you created and make your world class FNckomg beer. If you have something you want to share with the brotherhood of brewers .... who are here waiting to share and be shared with. JOIN THE FNCK IN! OTHER WISE! Go the hell away! You offer nothing.

Like it came out of my head, verbatim.
Jon H.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 09:51:24 pm »
Wow.  I just read this, hoping to get some good tips on stuck lagers.

Instead....there may be good information here, but reading it makes me cringe. This thread is so nasty.

Denny always told us HBD B&Vers that the AHA board was polite, no politics, but just because you don't talk politics, means you can just be outright rude to other posters, no matter how much you don't agree with them.

I expected better from here.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2016, 12:38:05 am »
I still think, as far as a forum goes, ignoring things that rub you the wrong way is probably the best option. If a post is meant to cause anger, and people respond out of anger, then the poster won their little game.

Now, regarding step mashing, I tried the Hochkurtz step mash from Troester's website on two beers one day and got nothing out of it. But I'm not on a crusade to stop others from doing it. In fact I might try step mashing again.

Honestly, I dont hang out here to try to get anyone to do things my way. I have always tried to keep an open mind about suggested methods, and I have tried many, adopted several, rejected others as not working for me. If someone, who has not tried my beer, claims to know its wrong, claims to know the fix, but won't say what it is... whatever. Maybe he's right, but since I'll never know if he's right, I'm not going to waste any time being upset about it.

I'll say it again. Ignore it, dont feed it.

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2016, 03:39:58 am »
I still think, as far as a forum goes, ignoring things that rub you the wrong way is probably the best option. If a post is meant to cause anger, and people respond out of anger, then the poster won their little game.

Now, regarding step mashing, I tried the Hochkurtz step mash from Troester's website on two beers one day and got nothing out of it. But I'm not on a crusade to stop others from doing it. In fact I might try step mashing again.

Honestly, I dont hang out here to try to get anyone to do things my way. I have always tried to keep an open mind about suggested methods, and I have tried many, adopted several, rejected others as not working for me. If someone, who has not tried my beer, claims to know its wrong, claims to know the fix, but won't say what it is... whatever. Maybe he's right, but since I'll never know if he's right, I'm not going to waste any time being upset about it.

I'll say it again. Ignore it, dont feed it.

+1
I hope the OP got his questions answered.
"It's not that people are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that just isn't true." Ronald Reagan

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2016, 05:15:06 am »
I apologize. My reaction has been over the top, especially after rereading this thread. I probably over reacted based on previous threads. This place has always been a civil place where we share information and treat each other with respect and that should always be the policy.

However, I will say that the idea that someone is "doing it wrong" simply based on one set of parameters really gets under my skin. There are certainly many ways to do it wrong, but there are also many ways to do it right.

RPIScotty

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2016, 06:06:32 am »
I apologize. My reaction has been over the top, especially after rereading this thread. I probably over reacted based on previous threads. This place has always been a civil place where we share information and treat each other with respect and that should always be the policy.

However, I will say that the idea that someone is "doing it wrong" simply based on one set of parameters really gets under my skin. There are certainly many ways to do it wrong, but there are also many ways to do it right.

I think what you said captures what we are all thinking and/or have said on the topic at one point or another. It's a frustrating one for sure, especially for some of the guys who have been on here for a while. I know I've only been on the forum for a short period of time and it has tested my patience on more than one occasion especially considering the fact that I'm a typically Unflappable character.

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2016, 06:36:13 am »
I think the next time he or someone posts something that is inflammatory or condescending or otherwise unhelpful the post should be utterly and completely ignored. It's obvious that he had an absolute blast on this thread because some gave him exactly the fun he was looking for. He's obviously contemptuous of anyone who brews for fun and is here not to help brewers make better lagers but to taunt those who don't do it a certain way. Just pretend his posts are not there and go on helping each other brew beer. That's what makes this forum.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2016, 07:05:03 am »
I think the next time he or someone posts something that is inflammatory or condescending or otherwise unhelpful the post should be utterly and completely ignored....Just pretend his posts are not there and go on helping each other brew beer. That's what makes this forum.

+1, this is exactly what I've been thinking about the whole situation.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2016, 07:59:14 am »
I think the next time he or someone posts something that is inflammatory or condescending or otherwise unhelpful the post should be utterly and completely ignored....Just pretend his posts are not there and go on helping each other brew beer. That's what makes this forum.

I agree it's the best way to go. Some times I'm better at adhering to this than others. Evidently somebody trolling on this fine forum really aggravates me. But no arguments that ignoring is the best policy. I just don't like having to.
Jon H.

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2016, 09:26:24 am »

I agree it's the best way to go. Some times I'm better at adhering to this than others. Evidently somebody trolling on this fine forum really aggravates me. But no arguments that ignoring is the best policy. I just don't like having to.

I think we're all in the same place.  I try to ignore it, but the insufferable pomposity gets under my skin.

I'll try to stop responding.
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2016, 03:25:46 pm »
Pomposity is an off flavor that is similar to putting your foot in your mouth. The only cure is one ounce prevention mixed with a pound of humility

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2016, 07:31:16 pm »
Pomposity is an off flavor that is similar to putting your foot in your mouth. The only cure is one ounce prevention mixed with a pound of humility
I have to admit that I was tempted to use the phrase "ludicrous popinjay". That would have been pompous in and of itself. As would be the phrase " in and of itself" or being self referential to that itself. It's infinite.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.