Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Cool gift from my brother  (Read 2716 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Cool gift from my brother
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 05:22:17 pm »
Is it odd that after watching almost 2 seasons of "Forged in Fire" that I now want to become a blacksmith apprentice?  Just for the fun, sweat, and satisfaction of making something. Oh wait, I already do that, and that's why I'm here
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Cool gift from my brother
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 08:17:55 pm »
Is it odd that after watching almost 2 seasons of "Forged in Fire" that I now want to become a blacksmith apprentice?  Just for the fun, sweat, and satisfaction of making something. Oh wait, I already do that, and that's why I'm here
I'd like to think its a reachable goal for all of us to home brew beer that is every bit the quality of any beer that is for sale. Even the really good stuff. In fact, keeping my brother's awesome knife work in mind, we too can probably go places in sheer creativity and craftsmanship that commercial guys can't touch, simply because we can afford to at our scale. I mean, what knife company could afford to pay a guy 90 hours wages and end up with a knife that they could reasonably sell? Not very many, because there's not very many customers at that level. But we can drop $200 on 5 gallons of beer, and give it away.