Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Is this inline check valve fixable or do I need new regulator?  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Chronospa

• 1st Kit
My 10 year old regulator had its check valve fall out and I can't get it to screw back in. Is there a way to fix it or remove it and replace? It looks like I should be able to unscrew it and replace the whole part but, for the life of me, I couldn't get the valve to budge. So solid I'd swear it was welded.

Any advice is appreciated.

Jerry

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Is this inline check valve fixable or do I need new regulator?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 08:26:55 pm »
Can't tell for sure, but it looks like it is threaded on to the body. 1/4" NPT is the standard used. You should be able to find a replacement.

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 08:00:46 am »
It's highly unlikely that it's welded, but they will use a lot of torque when tightening those things (and more than likely use something like loctite).  When I replaced some hose barb fittings with MFL fittings on one of my manifolds, I wound up having to use a C-clamp on a work bench to get the leverage needed to hold the body in place.

Offline maurer1933

• 1st Kit
  • With you from the keg to the cup.
    • Maurer Sales
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 10:08:00 am »
It's not welded. We've been selling taprite products for years. Above answers are correct. It is 1/4" NPT. They have been using a thread lock product along with the teflon tape, maybe that's your issue.

The part number for a replacement from Taprite is 1600C. Grab one from us or support a local business and pick one up there!  Most shops will replace it for you with their equipment. I know we do, but unless you're in Seattle you might be out of luck...
http://www.maurersales.com/product/brass-co2-regulator-barbed-shutoff-w-ball-check-valve/

Maurer Sales LLC
220 S Mead St.
Seattle, WA