Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: How bout them Pens  (Read 4394 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
How bout them Pens
« on: May 10, 2016, 09:48:02 pm »
Sorry Caps fans, but Ovi still has not been to a conference championship, let alone the Cup Final. Heck of a series, but I saw it coming all along. I know there is a football thread, now there is a topic for the new NHL Playoff/Second Season!
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
Re: How bout them Pens
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 05:52:29 am »
I'm pretty sure without the Bruins no one is interested.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 06:35:39 am »
That's alright Pete. I'll cheer on the PENGUINS all day, every day. And I was not sad to see the Bruins not make the playoffs for the second straight year
Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 08:32:22 am »
I like RSVP for ball point but Uniball for roller ball and gel pens.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 08:37:13 am »
That's alright Pete. I'll cheer on the PENGUINS all day, every day. And I was not sad to see the Bruins not make the playoffs for the second straight year
I thought that might be the case.  :)
I'm making fun of us New Englander's famously being very provincial when it comes to sports.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 08:37:48 am »
I like RSVP for ball point but Uniball for roller ball and gel pens.
Well played!

Offline Phil_M

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Southern Maryland
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 08:52:08 am »
I've never been able to root for any Washington sports team, and never will. I enjoy hockey, but don't really have a team to root for.
Corn is a fine adjunct in beer.

And don't buy stale beer.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 09:09:16 am »
Oh I got it Pete. As a Cleveland native, I can't say too much on baseball or football threads, but with no NHL team in Cleveland area, I have been a Pens fan for 25 years and am loving the team this year
Frank L.

Offline ethinson

• Brewmaster
  • Why is the beer always gone?
    • River Pirate Brewing Co.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 12:23:52 pm »
Oh I got it Pete. As a Cleveland native, I can't say too much on baseball or football threads, but with no NHL team in Cleveland area, I have been a Pens fan for 25 years and am loving the team this year

What, no Blue Jackets? (I kid I kid...)

My Hurricanes haven't been doing very well lately but they showed some promise late this year.  I think finally jettisoning Eric Staal is the best thing they could have done.. although in true Carolina fashion I'm sure they'll bring him back next year now that he's done with his half year rental to the Rangers and he's a UFA.  As long as they don't bring him back at 21 million a year though...

Since I moved to the west coast I don't get to see much hockey anymore... I catch a handful of playoff games and new years games when they are on broadcast NBC.  The games I've seen this year were fun though.  The first round series were crazy, especially Wash/Philly and Chicago/St Louis.

Never been a fan of Ovie, and of course Washington used to be a hated Southeast Division rival (I hate the new division, for whatever that's worth) but then again.. not a huge Crosby fan either...
SE Portland - AKA Beervana
Captain and Chief Deck Swabber - River Pirate Brewing Co.
Certified BJCP Beer Judge
2015 Oregon Brew Crew Member of the Year

Offline 69franx

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 12:28:43 pm »
I suppose if the Jackets had been around 25 years ago, they would be my team, even though they were in the Western Conf. I did make it to a Pens v Jackets game in Columbus about 6 years ago and there were a ton more Pens jerseys on display than Jackets. Think they are just too new to draw a fan base outside of Columbus at all. And like me, any fan of hockey for more than the last 15 years already had a team they rooted for. They might have a chance next year and I would love to see them play the Pens in the Conference final next year. Now that I am in the greater Cincinnati area, Columbus is a heck of a lot closer than Pittsburgh
Frank L.

Offline brick pig

• Cellarman
  • Liberal Elitist
    • Brick Pig
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 02:23:29 pm »
I'm a Devils season ticket holder, so I really didn't have any skin in the Caps/Pens series, but man was it ever fun to watch. So fast and furious. Really good series.
--Monty

narvin

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 03:37:16 pm »
I thought the stench of a terrible towel in your face would make it hard to root for any team in Pittsburgh  ;)

Offline 69franx

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 11:49:06 pm »
As a lifelong Browns fan, I would never have anything to do with a turrble towl. Cant even bear to spell it correctly. But I do love the Penguins, and will love watching them continue their march to the cup finals and raising the Cup in June
Frank L.

Offline 69franx

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 08:58:27 pm »
Just in case anyone missed it, the PENGUINS are onto the STANLEY CUP FINALS with home ice advantage with a 2-1 game 7 win. As a side note, for all the football fans out there, hockey is the real physical sport where the players show true heart, toughness, skill, and bravery!
Frank L.

Offline Iliff Ave

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 09:53:48 pm »
Just in case anyone missed it, the PENGUINS are onto the STANLEY CUP FINALS with home ice advantage with a 2-1 game 7 win. As a side note, for all the football fans out there, hockey is the real physical sport where the players show true heart, toughness, skill, and bravery!

Go Broncos!
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale