Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Curse is over in cleveland  (Read 4570 times)

Offline blair.streit

• Brewmaster
Re: Curse is over in cleveland
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 04:32:27 pm »
Don't talk to me about bandwagons and the Cowboys. I was a fan in the late 80's. Even in 1989 when they were 1-15, my grandfather would get up and walk out of church at 11:55  if the preacher was still preaching because the Cowboys game kicked off at noon. Going  from that to winning the Super Bowl in '92 was pretty amazing to watch. Of course there were a lot of bandwagon folks later, but wearing the star in the late 80s took some courage.

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2016, 03:39:55 pm »
I never heard of Larry Bird being a douche.  Michael Jordan, either.

The only curse I want to see broken is the Cubs
Now you're talkin'. I'm really hoping for them this year, they're an amazing team. Thanks to Joe Maddon! Best manager the Cubs have had in a long time. They seem like more of a team than I ever remember.

We are kind of missing Joe Maddon here these days.  I am happy for him that he gets to be a part of Cubs lore, but the Rays are not the same since he left.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 09:07:44 pm »
I never heard of Larry Bird being a douche.  Michael Jordan, either.

The only curse I want to see broken is the Cubs
Now you're talkin'. I'm really hoping for them this year, they're an amazing team. Thanks to Joe Maddon! Best manager the Cubs have had in a long time. They seem like more of a team than I ever remember.

We are kind of missing Joe Maddon here these days.  I am happy for him that he gets to be a part of Cubs lore, but the Rays are not the same since he left.
As a Red Sox fan, I got to see a lot of the Rays over the years, and Maddon quickly gained my respect as one of the best managers in the game today. He did great things with the raw talent he was given in Tampa. Pairing him with Theo will be a recipe for success for the Cubs, methinks.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline juggabrew303

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 10:25:25 pm »
Back to the Cavs, so happy to see a Cleveland team win a championship. I agree that some loyalty from the players would be nice, but it just doesn't happen in this day and age. I was amazed the Cavs were able to re-sign James after his rookie contract. I wish we had not needed him to win a championship. As a almost 20 year resident of Cleveland, I will never forgive him for the arrogance of his stupid televised "decision." He's a punk with some basketball skills, with no class or loyalty. When you let your posse drive your decisions, and put up with their nonsense, you will make the non loyal decision every time as they only care about how much cash you bring in. If he finishes his career in Cleveland,  I will still feel this way
Your opinion is of the minority, just ask the 1.3 million people who gathered in c-town to celebrate this historic achievement.  Yes, his decision to announce leaving was poor taste but as a person who was born and raised in CLE we support our own no matter what.  Lebron didn't have to come back, but he did to make good on a promise to this great city and to the fans to bring us a championship.   I will never forget this moment for as long as I live, and I will never take for granted how lucky we are to have a championship team.  Your opinion is yours, but it's not north east Ohio's opinion I can guarantee that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2016, 11:57:04 pm »
I understand your opininon, but my friends still in Northern Ohio are ecstatic that the Cavs won, as am I.  They still no longer worship him, and still fully expect him to show his true colors again. Not only am I Cleveland born, but I went to the same high school as James. In the end, as I said several times above, my opinions are mine, I am happy the Cavs won, and he is still not my favorite player and never will be. As for 1.3 million in the parade, it was a Cavs celebration, not a James celebration, so that convinces me of nothing. I can't stand him; and if I still lived in Cleveland, I would have been at the parade as well, celebrating the victory, not him. We are allowed to have differing opinions and to discuss them, and both feel correct.   No problems there
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2016, 09:10:25 pm »
Lebron didn't have to come back, but he did to make good on a promise to this great city and to the fans to bring us a championship. 
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone is allowed to change employers as they see fit. What should count is how they do their job when they are on your payroll.
Lots of people are jerks and the majority of us never know about it. Personally I wouldn't ever get all that upset over what any athlete says or does.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2016, 10:59:24 pm »
I literally threw up with excitement!!!!! 8)
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.