Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Valley Malt  (Read 2968 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Valley Malt
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 11:04:42 am »
I'd be curious to try the Malted Maize, Vienna, and Maple Smoked

Those are the three I'd be interested in. The maple smoked malt sounds like a great fit for a smoked porter.
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 11:44:05 am »
I have a nice Smoked Cherrywood Porter on tap now that I made with their cherrywood smoked malt. It was a great smoked malt and I actually upped the smoked malt when milling my grain because the aroma and flavor of the actual malt was so good. I was able to make the smoke assertive because it was just more pleasant than I have experienced with other smoked malts. I didn't make it overly roasty either. It was a big hit yesterday at an outdoor party we had at our house yesterday where we banged out 18 pizzas, some katchapurri, pitas, and a chicken on the wood fired oven and wood fired grill. It was a very smoky day which also had smoked blue cheese and cheddar on some of the pizzas, and smoked maple syrup on the chicken.
A new England rauchbier sounds good. I have some smoked maple syrup I could picture dosing a glass with as I pour.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 08:49:02 am »
The Chocolate Maize and Malted Maize would probably make for a very interesting Schwarz-cream Ale. Wheat + biscuit + vienna sounds like a nice ESB base to me.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer