Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: The 2 B's  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Ale Farmer

• Assistant Brewer
Re: The 2 B's
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 07:30:03 pm »
After many years since my last visit, I went to Fenway last summer--with two of my sons--and was amazed to see all of the craftbrew that others here have mentioned. My kids are young--the oldest is now just 10--and I was the only driver, so no opportunity to sample the suds. Was a little disappointed about it all until I saw the prices--$9, if I remember correctly--and also realized that I had a lot of great homebrew and craft brew at home that cost me a lot less. I'm going again this year in July (with all three of my sons) and so I won't be surprised/disappointed this time. All that said, I do look forward to a little B & B in years to come when my sons can help with the driving--and maybe even with the cost of at least one cup of beer!
George

Brew and grow...

Bottled: Belgian May Ale, APA, Wit, Pilsner, Rye Pale Ale, Pale Irish Ale, Dark Mild, Brown Porter, English Pale Ale, Amber Ale

Fermenting:

Next Brews: English Pale Ale, Spruce Porter, Brown Ale

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2016, 06:07:09 am »
After many years since my last visit, I went to Fenway last summer--with two of my sons--and was amazed to see all of the craftbrew that others here have mentioned. My kids are young--the oldest is now just 10--and I was the only driver, so no opportunity to sample the suds. Was a little disappointed about it all until I saw the prices--$9, if I remember correctly--and also realized that I had a lot of great homebrew and craft brew at home that cost me a lot less. I'm going again this year in July (with all three of my sons) and so I won't be surprised/disappointed this time. All that said, I do look forward to a little B & B in years to come when my sons can help with the driving--and maybe even with the cost of at least one cup of beer!
I'm going to a game with my son, my girlfriend, and his fiance. It will be the first time that I'm going with my son as an adult. We might stay overnight in the city so no one has to drive. Even though I'm not nearly as far west as you are in Westfield your proximity to the pike probably makes it a shorter drive. I live in a rural town so it takes me about 45 minutes just to get to exit 10 in Worcester.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Ale Farmer

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 08:44:36 pm »
Pete, sounds like you have a great trip planned--and it certainly makes sense to put up for the night--if I were doing that, I'd certainly indulge in a brew or two during the game. I'm taking in a day game so that we can all get back not too late. I'm also partial to day games, however hot they can be in the summer. And you're right that Westfield is a straight shot on the Pike--so easy driving, but it still takes upward of 45 minutes to get to Worcester.
George

Brew and grow...

Bottled: Belgian May Ale, APA, Wit, Pilsner, Rye Pale Ale, Pale Irish Ale, Dark Mild, Brown Porter, English Pale Ale, Amber Ale

Fermenting:

Next Brews: English Pale Ale, Spruce Porter, Brown Ale

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 07:46:24 pm »
I used to go to Fenway about once a month in the years BC (before child). I still get up there at least once a year. the only game I have tickets for right now is the 2nd to last of the season, but I might have do the "count the rotation" trick so I can get to a game that Price is starting.

Staying in Boston for the night is never a bad thing. I usually take one or two overnight trips with the family on "staycations" every year. It's a great city even if you don't do more than hit the usual tourist traps. Plus, that also means you can hit Beer Works or Bukowski's for a couple of cold ones before/after the game.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 06:04:22 am »
I used to go to Fenway about once a month in the years BC (before child). I still get up there at least once a year. the only game I have tickets for right now is the 2nd to last of the season, but I might have do the "count the rotation" trick so I can get to a game that Price is starting.

Staying in Boston for the night is never a bad thing. I usually take one or two overnight trips with the family on "staycations" every year. It's a great city even if you don't do more than hit the usual tourist traps. Plus, that also means you can hit Beer Works or Bukowski's for a couple of cold ones before/after the game.
We do that too. Both of our sons are grown but the dog being left alone is the reason we don't do it more. Roughly every other year we feel like staying in the city for one of our birthdays to soak up some great food, art, and live music. We usually stay two nights so there is one non travel day. We alternate between Boston and NYC. Boston is relaxing, NYC is more of an adventure.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.