Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Post-HomebrewCon Disc Golf and Beer Event  (Read 1309 times)

Offline cmanleigh

• 1st Kit
Post-HomebrewCon Disc Golf and Beer Event
« on: June 06, 2016, 10:04:43 am »
Cure your Homebrewcon hangover, and support local animal rescue Pitties and Purrs at the same time with a round of disc golf at one of the best disc golf courses in the country, with beers from Baltimore's own Union Craft Brewing and Waverly Brewing Co.

A mixed round of groomed Legacy course holes, and Forest Drive "X-Course" holes will begin at 11 a.m. Beer from Waverly and Union will be served at Legacy Hole 1. Don't have discs? Never played before? Eagle Mill Disc Golf will be on course with a pro shop and discs for sale and to rent to help show you the ropes. Our beneficiary Pitties & Purrs will be on site to show you the great work they do, and when you finish your round you can head south from the course to Waverly Brewing Co. for a pint and some grub, or to Blue Pit BBQ for a beer or a Whiskey!

The event is light rail accessible, so if you’re trying to catch a flight immediately after your round of golf, and round of beer, it’s an easy jam to the airport. Meet at the Woodberry light rail stop if you're taking public transit and we'll guide you up to the course or park at the Druid Hill Disc Golf parking lot and we'll get you started!

Feel free to bring homebrew if you can stand anymore after Homebrewcon!

Tickets are only $20 for a day of play and beers and can be purchased at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/homebrewcon-disc-golf-crawl-tickets-25865086169

FAQs
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Yes! You can play all the disc golf you want if you're not of legal drinking age, but if you want to drink beers, you'll need to prove you're 21 or older.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
You can park at the course or take light rail from the Convention Center to the Woodberry stop
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Got questions? email Ryan Boddy @ boddy.ryan@gmail.com
Who do the proceeds benefit?
Your ticket cost will benefit Pitties and Purrs Rescue Inc, a small, foster-based rescue in Baltimore, MD.  Our rescue dogs come from all over the country in order to be rehabilitated and to ultimately find their forever homes.  Because we are a foster-based rescue, we completely rely on our incredible volunteers to care for & to temporarily welcome the dogs and cats into their homes to prepare them for adoption.

Offline bosoxbrent

• 1st Kit
    • MacAloney.net
Re: Post-HomebrewCon Disc Golf and Beer Event
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 10:20:02 am »
Being an avid disc golfer, I can tell you all that you'd have a great time here.  On top of great beer, a beautiful park, and some disc golf fun, you'll get to network with other homebrewer / disc golfers.  Then maybe you can make it an annual tradition of playing some disc golf at the annual Homebrew Con meetings like I do. 

Cheers!
-Brent

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: Post-HomebrewCon Disc Golf and Beer Event
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 11:05:14 am »
Being an avid disc golfer, I can tell you all that you'd have a great time here.  On top of great beer, a beautiful park, and some disc golf fun, you'll get to network with other homebrewer / disc golfers.  Then maybe you can make it an annual tradition of playing some disc golf at the annual Homebrew Con meetings like I do. 

Cheers!
-Brent

The one in Grand Rapids was the best I've ever played.  Of course it was the only one I've ever played.  It was a blast though.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------