Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: another Pizza  (Read 1668 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
another Pizza
« on: May 21, 2016, 06:11:23 pm »
...served along side home brewed Vienna Lager

Just a simple pie using a no knead recipe.  Flour, salt, yeast, and water.  Basta.  Fermented 24 hours at 72°F, baked in a 550°F oven on a saturated pizza stone then right after launch turn on the broiler (550°F).  Topped with San Marzano tomatoes drained and equal amounts of Publix Moz, Italian Blend, and Mont Jack cheeses.  ...and of course a few leaves of Basil from the garden.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:14:48 pm by BrewBama »

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Re: another Pizza
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 06:19:19 pm »
I'm going to have to try this.  What is your dough recipe?
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 07:26:35 pm »
Nice. Nice looking pie.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 07:33:18 pm »
I'm going to have to try this.  What is your dough recipe?

No Kneed Pizza Dough

•   3.75 cups bread flour (plus more for shaping dough)
•   2 teaspoons fine sea salt
•   1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast

Whisk flour, salt, and yeast in a medium bowl. While stirring with a wooden spoon, gradually add 1.5 cups water; stir until well incorporated. Mix dough gently with your hands to bring it together and form into a rough ball.

Transfer to a large clean bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise at room temperature (about 72°) in a draft-free area until surface is covered with tiny bubbles and dough has more than doubled in size, 18-24+ hours (time will vary depending on the temperature in the room).

Transfer dough to a floured work surface. Gently shape into a rough rectangle. Divide into 3 equal portions. Working with 1 portion at a time, gather 4 corners to center to create 4 folds. Turn seam side down and mold gently into a ball. Dust dough with flour; set aside on work surface or a floured baking sheet. Repeat with remaining portions.

Let dough rest, covered with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel, until soft and pliable, about 1 hour.