Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Experience Hop Harvest at YCH HOPS Hop & Brew School  (Read 1264 times)

Offline MMeyer1

• 1st Kit
Experience Hop Harvest at YCH HOPS Hop & Brew School
« on: June 06, 2016, 02:03:12 pm »
Submerged in the heart of hop country, Hop & Brew School is an annual event offering brewers the opportunity to personally experience the thrill of hop harvest at YCH HOPS. The event is separated into two sessions, each two days long. All attendees will experience presentations provided by award-winning brewers from across the United States speaking on hop usage, recipe formulation and brewing methods. Local hop farmers are also in attendance to address the numerous growing aspects of hops—from yields and aroma characteristics to new, up and coming proprietary varieties. Presentation topics vary from year-to-year. Each Hop & Brew School class also includes a ranch tour of the hop fields where you can witness hop picking, drying and baling, as well as a guided tour of YCH HOPS, where you will observe the receiving and warehousing of the hops.

Hop & Brew School 2016 will be held September 1-2, 2016. For more information or to register, visit https://ychhops.com/connect/events/home-brewing/hop-and-brew-school

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Experience Hop Harvest at YCH HOPS Hop & Brew School
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 02:16:22 pm »
I am SO looking forward to this!  If there's any way you can go, this is one of my favorite beer related events!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline ibru

• Assistant Brewer
  • Brew Day is My Day!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 09:03:36 am »
Not going to the "Con" this year so this will be a fun alternative.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 12:29:36 pm »
Went last year. It was great, highly recommend it!

We have some other travel booked then, but some other year we may go back to Hop and Brew school.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!