General Category > Beer Travel

Oktoberfest in Munich

(1/2) > >>

tesla_hv:
I've been trying to find my pictures but have you been to the greatest of all beer festivals; the Oktoberfest in Munich?  I've been in 1998, 2000, and 2004.  If I had the financial means, I would go every year.  What a blast!  What amazes me is there are 40,000 intoxicated people there and not a single fight.   Have you been?

fishruss:
I havent been there yet. Dream trip one of these days. Go to Japan every year and try to get some brews I can't find in South Dakota (insert joke here). It does seem very crazy all those drunk people and no fights. Next UN conference Munich beer gardens?

Kaiser:

--- Quote from: tesla_hv on November 12, 2009, 10:16:23 PM --- What amazes me is there are 40,000 intoxicated people there and not a single fight.   

--- End quote ---

Are you sure about that. The Wies’n, as they call it there, sure creates lots of headaches for the local police.

I’ve been in 1999 and 2000, I believe. It’s fun, but I don’t like crowds and it certainly is darn crowded there. I did the boat swings where you can go all the way around but I didn’t managed to get that working for me. There must be some trick to it.

The exchange rate really sucks right now :(

Kai

skyler:

--- Quote from: Kaiser on December 02, 2009, 08:41:55 AM ---The exchange rate really sucks right now :(

--- End quote ---

Dear God, I miss Deutschmarks, Shillings, Pesetas, Gilders, Lire, and Francs. Damn, some places were just so damn cheap, it was funny. Like Vienna - I remember 14 Shillings to the dollar back in 2000. And we used to go to a bar in Schwedenplatz called "Tequila 17" that was 17 schillings for a tequila shot with a cinnamon-covered slice of orange for chaser... oh to be 16...

Kaiser:
Makes you wonder if those times ever come back.

Kai

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version