Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 31 Heroes  (Read 1775 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
31 Heroes
« on: September 01, 2018, 06:59:27 pm »
I was gifted a 4 pack of this beer for my upcoming retirement from civil service. In addition to ~16 yrs civil service, I spent 21 yrs in Army CH-47 maintenance. I shared the beers with my adult son and explained the significance of the surrounding events that inspired the brew. We sit in the shade of oaks today because those who went before us planted acorns. It was an awesome cpl of pints. Cheers to Extortion 17!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 07:03:21 pm by BrewBama »

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
Re: 31 Heroes
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 05:54:01 am »
+100, well said, BrewBama.

I also served in the mid 70’s.  Many people don’t realize the sacrifices our young Americans take to protect the simple freedoms so many of us take for granted.

Cheers to you and thank you for your service.
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 06:30:58 am »
Thanks for posting. Many cheers with respect to all who served.
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 09:16:13 am »
That's awesome! Thanks for your service to our country Dwayne! Let me buy you a beer sometime soon and congrats on your retirement!

Offline James K

• Brewer
  • Flagstaff, AZ
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 10:20:12 am »
On this same note. If you want to replicate a beer made for 19 fallen fire fighters in Arizona’s 2013 yarnell fire, you can.

http://www.brewingwithbriess.com/Recipes/beer/display/heroes_19
Vice President of Flagstaff Mountain-Top Mashers
2017 Homebrewer of the year
"One mouth doesn't taste the beer."

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 05:55:40 am »
On this same note. If you want to replicate a beer made for 19 fallen fire fighters in Arizona’s 2013 yarnell fire, you can.

http://www.brewingwithbriess.com/Recipes/beer/display/heroes_19

Thanks James!  My wife and I saw the very sad movie, Hotshots, about these brave forest firefighters; fantastic movie!  And, a Brown Ale happens to be one of my favorite beers, so I think I’ll have to try brewing Heroes 19!  Thanks for posting!
Joliet, IL

All good things come to those who show patients and perseverance while maintaining a positive and progressive attitude. 😉

Offline James K

• Brewer
  • Flagstaff, AZ
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 08:03:11 pm »
Thanks James!  My wife and I saw the very sad movie, Hotshots, about these brave forest firefighters; fantastic movie!  And, a Brown Ale happens to be one of my favorite beers, so I think I’ll have to try brewing Heroes 19!  Thanks for posting!
I’d say the hard part will be scaling down the 19 hop varieties. 19 hops. 19 firefighters lost. Sadness.
Vice President of Flagstaff Mountain-Top Mashers
2017 Homebrewer of the year
"One mouth doesn't taste the beer."

Offline KellerBrauer

• Brewmaster
  • Bottoms Up!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 03:37:06 am »
I’d say the hard part will be scaling down the 19 hop varieties. 19 hops. 19 firefighters lost. Sadness.

Agreed.  I have been pondering that aspect.  It will be interesting.
Joliet, IL