Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Live, from the NHC  (Read 2428 times)

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
Live, from the NHC
« on: June 10, 2016, 10:12:20 am »
n
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: Live, from the NHC
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 12:36:39 pm »
I've heard the reports on the forums and podcasts, but damn Drew you're in great shape.

Wish I could be there with everyone. Hopefully NHC makes it up to New England sometime in the next few years.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 12:40:13 pm »
Yeah, looks like a blast. Drew does look great, though I'm not sure how well he likes that sample he's tasting.   ;D
Jon H.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 01:01:48 pm »
Definitely not going to miss next year if I can help it

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 01:05:25 pm »
I'm hoping to come up to the Mini Apple next year as well. My club is talking about organizing a trip there. I'd love to meet anyone from the forum there.
Jesse

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 06:06:48 am »
I'm hoping to come up to the Mini Apple next year as well. My club is talking about organizing a trip there. I'd love to meet anyone from the forum there.

we have done a few forum meet ups. In Philly a bunch of forum members actually got together and went to bobbleheads and had beers and lunch.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 07:24:32 am »
What you don't see in that pic is the 8 glasses of beer I had in front of me!  This podcast was the frist time we'd done one while we were both in the same place.  It was also the first one I'd done while I was drinking.  It'll be interesting to listen to it when I get home and see waht we did!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 06:15:10 pm »
Just glad the hard work is noticeable (although I noticed that it was harder to get back on the horse today. Stupid horse.)

I think one of the best things about this years conference for me was the number of people I had coming up to me to say how they were going through the same change and that I was serving as an inspiration. I haven't inspired much in this world, so that f##king rocks.

I also think I'm going to have to start a "Homebrewed Weight Loss Society" just for giggles. :)
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline mchrispen

• Brewmaster
    • Accidentalis Brewing Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 06:39:33 pm »
Do it Drew. I need all the inspiration possible.
Matt Chrispen
Sometime Austin Zealot
Blogging from the garage @ accidentalis.com
>> Bru'n Water Spreadsheet Walkthroughs<<
>> Bru'n Water Subscriber Version 5.3 Spreadsheet Walkthrough <<

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 06:49:40 pm »
I'm down about 30 and still going.  Thanks for the inspiration, Drew.
Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 07:05:49 pm »
I was down 12 Lbs from last year. Full disclosure, I was down 16 at the end of the winter, but the nice weather in MI is a challenge, too many activities when the weather is nice!

I was the same weight as when I left for NHC, yeah! Some minor moderation, and a lot of walking counteracted the calories. As a comparison, I gained 7 lbs last year in CA over 2 weeks, the car culture ruled, not much walking was done.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 07:30:41 am »
Wish I could be there with everyone. Hopefully NHC makes it up to New England sometime in the next few years.

The post-conference survey they sent out had Providence as one of the cities you'd like to see NHC at.  Don't see that happening anytime too soon.

Boston would be great (and expensive) but I'd really love to see Portland (Maine...not that other Portland imposter :) )
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 10:03:19 am »

The post-conference survey they sent out had Providence as one of the cities you'd like to see NHC at.  Don't see that happening anytime too soon.

Boston would be great (and expensive) but I'd really love to see Portland (Maine...not that other Portland imposter :) )
Much as I'd love to see NHC in Portland, ME, I don't think it has enough hotel space to accommodate 3000+ people and I doubt if the Cross Insurance Center is large enough for the conference.
Probably the best those of us in New England can hope for is Boston.
"It's not that people are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that just isn't true." Ronald Reagan

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 10:22:57 am »
Do it Drew. I need all the inspiration possible.

+222 (my current weight!)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2016, 11:30:04 am »

Actually, Providence would be a perfect location for the NHC. We have a large convention center right in the middle of the downtown area. There are two brewpubs within walking distance that have been around forever. One of them (Trinity) is quite good (the food at the other one is good, too ;) ). Johnson & Wales University is also located downtown, and it has one of the top culinary arts programs out there, so there's plenty of good food around.

Location-wise, we're an hour's drive from Boston and 3 hours by train/plane/bus/car from NYC. Philly is about 5-6 hours, but you're better off flying. Our airport has plenty of flights in and out on Southwest, and we got JetBlue a few years ago, so you can easily fly here on the cheap.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer