Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Columbus Ohio  (Read 1896 times)

Offline beerdoodle

• 1st Kit
Columbus Ohio
« on: June 13, 2016, 10:21:15 pm »
I'll be in Columbus this weekend for the Origins Game Fair and I'm wondering if there are any great breweries/brew pubs I should seek out or and great Ohio beers I should try to find?

Seth

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: Columbus Ohio
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 02:14:09 am »
Look for  Cincinnati's Rhinegeist, their whole lineup rocks. Not too familiar w columbus scene though
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline zwiller

• Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 09:37:54 am »
Lots of good beer in Cbus.  http://www.ohiocraftbeer.com/tripplanner/columbus.cfm
http://www.columbusunderground.com/best-microbreweries-in-columbus

I think the CBC Bodhi and Creeper are exceptional and would grab to go as well and if you see Fatheads Headhunter or The Brew Kettle's White Rajha grab them too. 

Sam
Sandusky, OH

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 09:44:13 am »
I visited Columbus for the first time on my way to NHC.  Since I was judging the state fair homebrew I wasn't really in a beer mood afterwards, but I have to say that the beer at Wolf's Ridge was very tasty and if you're in the mood for a more "fancy" dinner - the food was excellent.  Best meal I had on the whole 11-day trip.

Offline noonancm

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 10:01:39 am »
The reference to the underground blog listed many of the ones I was going to suggest. Since the Fair is at the convention center you would be right across the street from Barley's and down the street from the Elevator. Been to Seven Sons several times; it is good.
Also nearby in the Italian Village on 5th street is the Drake Brothers' Meadery, another excellent place. Columbus and nearby communities has exploded with breweries.