Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Kegging and dispensing with nitrogen  (Read 2462 times)

Offline sdevries42

• Cellarman
Kegging and dispensing with nitrogen
« on: July 07, 2016, 12:54:15 pm »
I'm brewing a Left Hand Milk Stout clone right now and want to put it on nitro. I have never used nitro before but do have a nitro tank/regulator and stout faucet. I'm looking for advice on proper way to carbonate and dispense. I am planning on using beer gas 75%N/25%CO2. Thanks!

Offline Archero

• 1st Kit
Re: Kegging and dispensing with nitrogen
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 12:33:10 pm »
Everything I have read says if your setup properly for CO2 on your kegerator you should be fine with with the beer gas, stout faucet and using the nitro regulator.  The faucet adds the resistance needed to hold back the increased serving pressure of the beer gas.  I would carbonate per directions if you have it and play with the serving pressure till you get it dialed in.  Let us know how it goes.  This is in my future as well.

Cort

Offline oldone

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 08:30:29 am »
I run 30 to 35 psi. on my nitrogen keg

Offline tommymorris

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 08:54:26 am »
Beergas was originally designed for long runs of serving lines in bars. The ideas is the nitro doesn't dissolve in the beer and therefore higher pressure can be used to push the beer through the long serving line without over carbonating the beer.

I am definitely no expert. From what I have read you should carbonate with pure co2 and then switch to the beergas for serving only.

Here is a thread on the topic.
https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1398