Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Which beer would you drink first if you abstained for 3 months?  (Read 5955 times)

Offline GS

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Which beer would you drink first if you abstained for 3 months?
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2016, 06:28:44 pm »
After 3 months without a beer, I would choose whatever beer is available, exclusively!

Seriously, probably Anchor Steam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Offline Weavz

• 1st Kit
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2016, 09:05:14 pm »
I have had some experience with this. The answer is ... It doesn't matter which beer I'd drink. Let me explain. I like to spend a week in the backcountry every year with just what I can carry. I was hiking on the Appalachian Trail a few years ago when I tasted what seemed like the best beer ever. It was a Yuengling. I know, an American light lager is not my favorite brew, either (I do respect the Yuengling family brewery). But at that time, at that place, after drinking water I filtered and treated myself, a cold brew was incredible. Now, sitting in my overstuffed chair-and-a-half in my air-conditioned home, a Russian imperial stout tastes wonderful but isn't nearly as rewarding.

Online majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2016, 04:40:55 am »
I have had some experience with this. The answer is ... It doesn't matter which beer I'd drink. Let me explain. I like to spend a week in the backcountry every year with just what I can carry. I was hiking on the Appalachian Trail a few years ago when I tasted what seemed like the best beer ever. It was a Yuengling. I know, an American light lager is not my favorite brew, either (I do respect the Yuengling family brewery). But at that time, at that place, after drinking water I filtered and treated myself, a cold brew was incredible. Now, sitting in my overstuffed chair-and-a-half in my air-conditioned home, a Russian imperial stout tastes wonderful but isn't nearly as rewarding.

Similar story for me. Spend several days in the back country and stopped at the first gas station we found out in the  middle of no where. The best beer they had was a six pack of MGD. It was ice cold and was one of the best beers I ever drank. Another time I was on a motorcycle ride from Alabama through Tennessee then North Carolina then routed through Georgia (all in one morning/afternoon) and stopped in a neat little German replikca village called Hellen in GA and was served an Erdinger Hefewezen and it was pure manna.